First crash/time you were thrown off?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Reaction score
I'm just curious to hear the first times people have crashed or been thrown off. My story happened a few days ago.

I was just screwing around on a gravel road near my house, my carb has been having this problem where the accelerator pump would stick, which gives me **** throttle response, the motor just bogs if I go WOT from idle. I went to do a quick 180 without using the front brakes to turn around, I turn the handlebars all the way and go WOT. Nothing happens, the motor bogs down and the rear end doesn't rotate, I end up doing a 90 degree turn, right toward the meter-deep, reed-filled ditch at the side of the road. I instinctively grabbed the front brake and clutch, but it was too late. I went right into the ditch, front end pointed down, leaning forward with the front wheels locked. I hit the bottom and feel it start to tip forwards, it got the to point where I was 100% sure it was gonna fall, so I jumped (I think) forwards, somehow cleared the handlebars completely and landed in front of it. I braced myself for the impact, but thankfully it never came. The strangest part is I don't remember the jump at all, I just remember it tipping forwards, and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. Thankfully the motor couldn't idle due to mixture problems, so it didn't run me over. It was a bitch to get it out of the ditch, had to run to my house and get my dad to help me. Plus I lost the key in the reeds. :(

So, post your experiences. :p

Just got the warrior, coming out of a river, went up a muddy hill climb, got to the top, high centered, spun then grabbed traction before I knew what happened. It slowly stood up, I fell off and landed somewhat near the bottom, as I was rolling backwards I remember seeing the warrior coming right at me. Almost got knocked out when I landed, dont really remember getting up. Remember everything being kinda blury and as soon as I realized what happened I was cussing and lifting her outta the river haha.

well my first crash was on a little yz80 dirt bike, i was going down my feild in about 4th gear when i seen my dog run out about 100 feet in front of me so i slowed down a little and waited until it was on the other side of my path before i sped back up. well i got back up to speed then this dumbass dog runs back the other way about 10 feet in front me and then it just stopped. before i knew it i hit the ground real hard and my bike landed right on top of me. yeah, that didnt feel too good.

Did you pull off some matrix ****, like endo and do a front flip over it? Thats what I woulda done...lol

the dog was fine, it laid there for a couple minutes then ran off for a while. it showed up the next day and was runnin around just like normal while i was in the hospital gettin an x-ray on my arm. lol yeah i shouldve pulled off some of that matrix ****.... prolly wouldve kept me from breakin my arm. ill be sure to try that the next time i crash

Well the first time I was thrown off a quad I was like 9 years old and I was riding our old honda 350 4x4. I was riding around in our field and there is this fairly steep hill that I was riding down and i didn't see this sinkhole in the ground and my front right tire went into it and I went over the handlebars. Then the quad kept going foward ran me over and rolled the the bottom of the hill and stopped when it hit a rock wall. No serious injuries just some bruises.

The fisrt time I crashed my warrior badly I don't know what happened because I got knocked out and nobody else saw what happened so it's a mystery what happend but I'll tell what we do know. We went out riding for a few hours and to get back to our house we ride down this private logging road on the property we ride on. I am the only person on a sport quad and everyone else is on a utility and they say when we got to the road I took off hauling ass. when they caught up to me I was knocked out under my quad 5 feet in front of a gate. The best anyone could figure is that I was haulin ass down the road and when I came over the top of the hill I saw the gate 150 feet in front of me and panic slammed on all the brakes, slid sideways and went tumbling down the road. The gate was moved about 500 feet closer to the hill than it was the last time we were on the property and I didn't know about this because we went onto the trails a different way. They immediatley got be back to our house (I crashed only like 400 feet from our driveway) and took me to the hospital. Well the hospital we went to couldn't handle my injuries because they didn't have a working cat scan machine to tell if i had severe head trauma beyond a concussion so I got an hour long ambulance ride to another hospital. The first thing I remember about the whole ordeal is waking up in the hospital with a neck brace on asking my dad what the **** just happend. The injuries from that incident include a severe concussion, chipped the bone of my eye socket, and a hell of a lot of bruises/contusions, cuts and scrapes and I don't remember that entire day.

Wow this post is long and if you didn't read the whole thing i dont blame you.

My first crash happened when I was 8. I was riding my friends honda 50 dirt bike, and to this day I still dont know if I just blacked out or if the helmet slid down over my eyes, but I hit a tree. I walked away with a sprained wrist, and the bike had a bent wheel.

My first crash was when i was about 9 or 10 on a 80 moto4. Me and my brother was riding down the drive way and he was on back he jerked the handlebars out of my hands and we went under the hill and hit a tree. I got knocked out and when i came to the fourwheeler was on top of me and my brother was runing up the driveway crying as soon as i realised what was happening i was doing the same as him. Later when i asked him why he did it he sed he seen a lizard in the road. There have bin maney crashes since then and will probably be many more.

My first crash on my warrior was when a friend of mine and I were messing around on our warriors at a local riding spot. He was messing around and riding up these old corn stalk round bales. He would ride up until his wheels got to the top and pull in the clutch and coast back down. Well me wanting to show off rolls up and tries to ride over the top, thinking I would land wheels down on the other side. No. as soon as I reached the top and rolled over it the front end dove down and fast I bailed off becuase I knew it wasn't gonna end well and felt the quad slide past my back as it landed on its top. My friend and I rolled it back over looked at it to only find the bars were tweaked. It started right up and I rode it home. So, remember kids always check your landing spot first!

wow that was long.

My first crashes were too long ago to remember...lol. So I'll tell one of the first:

I was on a Honda 200 three-wheeler trying to round up some cows with my cousins and grandpa. I was booking it through the pasture when the front wheel dropped into a hole and dug in. I went over the handle bars but didn't let go and it didn't do an endo, so I just slammed chest first into the fender over the front tire. My chest was sore for weeks but I wouldn't dare say anything because I had begged for the chance to help. I was probably around ten or so at the time. I was just glad nobody saw me and so I got to do it more often thereafter :)

The first crash that I can remember was on my honda recon, probably a few months after I got it, so I was around 16 at the time. I was riding at a good speed and rode between a mulch pile and a few trees. Being that it was on a slight slope, I hit the loose mulch the wrong way, slid a few inches off course, and caught the right front wheel on the edge of a good solid tree. I wasn't hauling ass, but it was a hard enough impact to send me sliding forward on the seat. I hit the chin of my helmet on the dash, and as I was sitting their slumped over the gas tank, it took me a couple seconds to realize that my right knee was resting on the side of the hot cylinder. I was wearing shorts, and the way my knee slammed into the motor also took off a few layers of skin, so it was all kinds of fun. And to finish off the package, my right wrist was also jammed pretty good because of the steering snapping to the right side at the same time as all my weight was being thrown forward to my wrists. Still have a scar on my knee about 2 inches around and also a scar on the tree to prove that one.

My first crash was this past friday.

I was riding at carolina adventure world, I had flipped front rims so I was getting bump steer something awful. Well I was going up this short hill that had a quick switchback at the top that took you right back down the hill. Well I get to the top of the hill, start to turn and my left front wheel hits a rather large root coming out of the side of the trail. This jerks the handlebars out of my hands and turns the front end back up to the sloped side of the trail. As I was still in the throttle from the hill climb the front proceeds to come up on me and at this point i get thrown to the side down the hill. Do about 3-4 head over heels flips and eventually come to stop on all fours. I immediately turn around and see my warrior land upright about 10 feet behind me with only tweaked bars.

I came out with scrathces on my knees and eblows and some pretty wicked bruises on my back, but otherwise I am a ok.

sincin im still only sixteen, i can remember both my first dirt bike and quad, the dirtbike came first, note to parents, do not start a kid out on a dirt bike, however i will just tell the quad story

the quad was an arctic cat 250 2x4, pretty harmless right? wrong!
I was climbing this hill in the woods, with a turn that went around a small tree, well i didnt take the turn on the outside, so when i swerved around the tree, spun, caught a rock, and didnt lean forward enough. I fell off the back, and rolled down the hill and felt like i hit almost every tree on it, and when i remembered the bike should be coming too, i tried to jump off the trail from the ground and into another tree, breaking my visor off, after all this, i got up, and my quad was still sitting on the trail, with the little tree caught between the handle-bars and the handguard, holding the quad on its rack and back tires, hahahh

I had my first real crash a month ago. Was climbing a hill when the quad stalled. Had been running real boggy all day, the altitude I think. Anyway, I did all the things you're not supposed to do on a hill, despite knowing better -- tried to back down, stayed on the quad, stayed sitting on my a**, etc. Started rolling back, and when I hit the brakes(front ones), it just kept going faster, sliding down the hill. Should have bailed then, but I'm not too bright, so I just kept sliding. Last thing I remember before going over was laughing and thinking ''this is gonna suck''.

The quad and I rolled down the hill together. Must have cushioned the blow for it because all it did was scratch some plastic and push the bars down but not bend them. Me, broken nose, and dislocated shoulder. Helmet is trash. Next time gonna get way out of that thing's way. I'll sit up hill and watch it roll! Got to ride in the ambulance and try morpine for a couple of firsts...Wasn't really worth it.

not my story, but totaly worth telling...
me, my uncle and his best friend were all chillin by the camp fire one night and we started talking about 3 wheelers. well my uncles friend told us a funny little story about how he crashed his ATC90
this happened when he was a kid and he was taking his 90 for a ride. he was riding in a field with the throttle pinned wide, slam open. probably goin about 35 or 36 miles per hour, they were slow. anyways, there was a hole inb the ground that was covered up by the grass so he didnt see it. his left tire caught the hole and launched his body foreward. his nuts scraped over the gas tank and TOOK OFF THE GAS CAP!! so he cut his nuts to hell with gasoline spilled all over them also. he was in the shower for half an hour with his legs open and cold water running to sooth the pain

first time i ever rolled a fourwheeler wasnt as exciting as some of these but it was about equally as dumb hahaha....

i dont know how old i was but im guessing i too was probably about 10.... might have actually been younger im not sure... anyways there was about 3 inches of snow on the ground and i just learned how to do donuts.... so i was riding my grandpas trailboss 250, and i rode it to the backend of the field where noone could see me and proceeded to spin donut after donut... man that was fun and easy in the snow... i was even spinning 2 in the same direction at a time... i was quite the badass.... of course i was leaning way the hell off of the thing as not to flip... .so then i get cocky and decide to spin a donut one way the immediatly the other way... ya know and try to make a figure 8 in the snow... well (like i even have to tell you what happened)... as noon as i tried to spin the second donut i flipped that bitch on its side... i went flying off just fine but i was too young and little to be able to flip it over myself.... i tried like hell and then the dam thing ran out of gas in the float bowl and died so i thought i was really in deep ****... i had to walk back to the house or barn or where ever my grandpa was and tell him IT just rolled over.... of course he saw all the donuts and i got in trouble and grounded from the fourwheeler for quite a awhile.... come to think of it this was probably the most i ever got in trouble from my grandpa....

ive got another story involving him, the same fourwheeler, a trailer 1/2 full of gravel, and a hill... but ill save that for later it was crazier but not my fault...

xbigxredx said:
so he cut his nuts to hell with gasoline spilled all over them also. he was in the shower for half an hour with his legs open and cold water running to sooth the pain
^HAHAHAHHA good one. Had me LOL'in

'89 honda xr100... went up a tree got a nice scar on my belly where the handle bars got me

my first crash on a quad was saturday. i spun out in my first practice, and it went over . brake my collar bone . wasnt my quad , and the thing sat way too tall . i never even got to put mine on the track . i will be ready for the first race of the season in my CRA series . YEAAAAAAA!

Back