• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Yamaha warrior 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
LOCATION PITTSBUGH PA

Hey all, I am selling a Yamaha Warrior 350 due to there is something wrong with it and I have no idea how to fix it due to I dunno much about mechanics.

It has shaved plastic, Blue in color.
It has a newer top end about a year if that old. (Professionally rebuilt)
Oil changed Regularly
Does not burn oil but leaks some at the front sprocket and some other seals sometimes, (I just replaced the valve cover seals tonight)
I had the carb rebuilt by a pro
Has ITP HD holeshot tires on it.

Now the bad

The quad runs fine and has a lot of power but after a couple minutes the carb leaks gas out the overflow and it backfires and dies.
The valve clearences are fine
The airfilter was just cleaned

Email me for more details if you want to know anymore.
The quad ran fine up until this happened about 2 weeks ago it had good power.

I checked the float like 5 times and swapped carbs 3 times... im giving up

Humm. What happedn two weeks ago that made the change?

Also. If your willing to drive the 1:45:00 to my house. I bet I can get it running just fine for yah one weekend if you really want to keep it. Its Up to you dude.

how much would you charge? I mean i would like to keep it but i mean its just really starting to frustrate the piss outta me!

Free. You'd have to pay enough in gas to get it here. I hate for you to sell it if its only for something as dumb as this.

Few more questions -
Whats your jetting?
Carb boot is not cracked and the air box tube is tight? (re-check the new boot)
What is going on with your parking brake switch?
Did of does your quad smoke when its running?

This issue is an air problem, I just know it.

Jetting is stock

New boot is not cracked i checked

i dont even know wher my parking brake switch is haha

no smoke when it runs

M

when the quad runs for that couple minutes it runs really good. like like maybe even better since i fixed the accel plunger.... the power was good...idle is good. then it seems like it just wants to shutoff...

i dunno if i wanna spend 260 bucks on a remanufacturerd carb on ebay or sell it..

I agree, well worth the gas to take it to him, and it would be nice to meet people involved in the forum, new riding partners is always good.

Back