i need a stump puller !!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer jim

Reaction score
I have a 1988 warrior that I use to tow a 3300# drag race car. I am also using it to maneuver my car trailer. It struggles to start things moving . I have 10/45 sprockets on it now and would like to try a 50 or 55 . Does anyone make the 50 or 55 sprockets? The rear hub is a early design, I think. It has 4 sprocket mounting bolts. Obviously top speed is not a priority. Any help would be appreciated. racer jim

ok here goes....

so your 4 bolt sprocket hub is holding you back. I compared the axle part number ( 3GD-25381-00-00 ) to other years of warrior and it appears the be the same,

therefore you should be able to get a 6 bolt sprocket hub from another year and open up a new world of sprocket choices

you can double check this info, i just looked it over real fast. I don't completely remember if the sprocket hub goes into the bearing carrier seal or not. You may have to mix and match years (of seals) there to get things to seal up. I'm thinking if you have a drag car tho, this shouldn't be to hard for ya to figure out. Just be advised that the bearing carriers have a different diameter. Therefore if the 6 bolt hub doesn't jive with the seal, you may need to find a "custom" seal that does.

I believe i should have a 6 bolt hub in my collection i can sell if you are interested.

Last edited:
bomber315,
Thanks for the response. I needed to get someone with the knowledge and experience to point me in the right direction. I will do some research of the various axle , bearings and hubs to see if I can make that change . I will keep you posted of my progress and if I can use that hub you have in your inventory. racer jim

bomber315,
I have checked part numbers like you suggested. the part #'s for the axle, bearing and seal for the '88 and the '90 are exactly the same. It appears that a hub change only will be what I need. I show a pn 3GD-25381-00-00 for the hub. Check your spare parts and let me know if this is the one you have. racer jim

bomber315,
I have located a hub here in town and a 56t gear. When I can get them installed and tested I will update this thread. Thanks for the info. racer jim

excellent! glad to help with something out of the ordinary... gives my brain a good little workout

bomber315,
I have installed the newer year hub and a 56T gear on my 88 warrior. I works perfectly. All I had to do is notch out the support bracket for the nylon chain support to clear the sprocket teeth and add more links in the chain. Thank you for the lead about checking part numbers. It worked out perfectly. racer jim

Back