So I just put 20" razrs on.........

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 12 with 20's. I'd like to go back to a 13 but I'll prolly need a new chain since I cut links out of it a few years ago. I'm going to check how much adjustment I got left.

It's doggy on the snowmobile trails unless I open it to wot but I think once I get the 357 together and in it will be a good combo for summer trail riding plus the front end isn't dialed in yet so it's really pushy feeling gotta put the camber at 0 and get the toe dialed in a little better thank god they aren't the 12point adjustable arms

14-40 with 20's is perfect lots of torque and still some top end
13-40 and 20's will probably be just a lot of low end torque and very little top end

It's 12-40 now. It's like a tractor, but I still can hardly pull a wheelie. Seems to just spin the wheels. Think I should go 14-40 then?

yeah 14-40 was perfect for me with the 20's I could pull wheelies in 1st 2nd and 3rd with little effort

If this is threadjacking I apologize please answer and remove. Otherwise, what effect does sprocket pitch (420, 520,620) have???

If this is threadjacking I apologize please answer and remove. Otherwise, what effect does sprocket pitch (420, 520,620) have???

not jacked-----good question, and im going nuts trying to find a chain.
O-ring / X-ring / no-ring. prices are all over the place on all

not jacked-----good question, and im going nuts trying to find a chain.
O-ring / X-ring / no-ring. prices are all over the place on all

no-oring will work, but will have a shorter life
Oring good will have a decent life expectancy
Xring or Zring the best of life expectancy

Xring isn't the best you can buy.
Chain pitch hasto do with its physical size, ours are 520x98 factory unless you have a first gen.
Tensle strength is extremely important. Go not run anything weaker then 10000 lbs because you can break it with just the motor pulling. Experience here.

All that being said, the best chain and sprockets to buy are sidewinder ti2 and smartchain2 those are the best but cost about 430$ to get a full set. They will never wear out.

However a smart chain is about 120-160$ and thats what I will be running shortly, and gen1pat is already running.

Back