Official Tire thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some 20x11x9 kenda klaws on the rear and 22x8x10kenda dominators up front.Rear tires perform excellently with little signs of wear.Just got the fronts,so far so good.Very good steering response and ride quality.I will have to see how they stand up to rocks and other sharp objects.Would recommend this setup

My warrior came with heavily worn out klaws, but they still performed amazingly. They could even pull people on sleds through snow. Now I have mudlites and I like them more. They have more traction on the loose stuff (obvioulsy) but you can also slide them more easily. They're also lighter so I can accelerate a bit faster.

Well I only had about 5 short rides on them and it still has alot of those little rubber pins that stick out. I was mostly just messing around, sliding, etc.

I dont see how a bunch of x's in a patern hook up so good.

LMAO to that statement...Research and Development is what makes those "x's" hook so good. I laugh at these people that ride in "rough" conditions and think they need a 22 inch mud tire. I was that way once but after going to a 20 inch kenda klaw I will never go back.

wow am I the only one with big horns? 21" There a great tire radial, slide real good and can get you throw some stuff. I like em but the stopped making them in 2004 or 2005.

Seems like no one can agree on a tire. I have a raptor 350, and like sliding and snow. I also like to have traction off the line. I really hate going through mud but sometimes I have no choice.

Im looking to stay close to the stock size, and I want a sporty looking tire.

ANy suggestions? I was thinking about the Maxxis razers because I have had them on all my quads, but I don't wanna get stuck in mud on my raptor.

i wouldnt get maxxis razrs IMO... if your going to spend that much money id get holeshot hd's i have them in the rear and gncc on the front and you cannot go worng with these tires... in the 6 years ive been riding quads i have managed to pop 9 tires mainly just the stock 2ply **** but ive popped 1 6ply and 2 4plys as well.. have not managed to put a hole in the hds yet.. and with the the hd's being so light you wont even think they are 6plys to you grab ahold of one and feel how stiff it is..

Anyone like the stock Dunlops? Thay arent very expensive :p
through tires unlimited i can get a set of stock rears for my raptor for about $20-30 cheaper then holeshots.... id rather spend a little more for a much more dependable tire and not have to plug, patch and tube them every other ride...

dude..HDs are known as one of the heaviest 6 ply sport quad tires out there..
are you kidding me? i have duro extremes (basically mud sharks) that were in a four ply and those bastards weighted about the same... this is just by picking one up.. not on a scale and got real picky about it.

Duro extremes/mud sharks aren't what most people would consider a sport tire. If it's a mud tire, it's not a sport tire.

And yes, HD's are one of the heaviest sport quad tires out there.

How about some opinions for me.
The machine I have just picked up has 25-12-9 Dirt Dogs on it.
They are fairly worn, and will be replaced (eventually).

I have 2 thoughts/questions.

1) Does anyone have any opinions on the Dirt Dog tire (in any size)

2) Over size tires!
No one here appears to use a tire bigger than 22" on there Warrior.
The place where I get half my yearly use out of these machine has ground clearance issues. This YFM has replaced a 200X that I have used up there for 3 years. The 200X had 22" tires and I was always hanging up on my skidplate. Smacking rocks and branches or the tires would go down in the tire ruts and I would teeter totter.
I was considering staying with 25"s for the extra 1.5" clearance. What would you do?

How about some opinions for me.
The machine I have just picked up has 25-12-9 Dirt Dogs on it.
They are fairly worn, and will be replaced (eventually).

I have 2 thoughts/questions.

1) Does anyone have any opinions on the Dirt Dog tire (in any size)

2) Over size tires!
No one here appears to use a tire bigger than 22" on there Warrior.
The place where I get half my yearly use out of these machine has ground clearance issues. This YFM has replaced a 200X that I have used up there for 3 years. The 200X had 22" tires and I was always hanging up on my skidplate. Smacking rocks and branches or the tires would go down in the tire ruts and I would teeter totter.
I was considering staying with 25"s for the extra 1.5" clearance. What would you do?
Because the truth is anything over 22" and for that matter 22s themselves become sloppy and don't handle well on more sport oriented rides. Their great for muddin and rocky type roads, but you just can't turn with a 22 like you can a 20, 18s are even better for handling, but better suited to MX. This is why most people settle for the 20" tire size, it's right in between. It's funny because my boy had Holeshot XCTs 22"s on his Warrior and the faster roads we would ride on when he got in front and accelerated the tires would actually grow in size, making the side wall really weak.

I just got a set of tires from Dennis Kirk they are (Duro Mud and Sand 22-11-9) very nice riding tires for the price 41.99 (they matched Rocky Mountains price

Back