Rear shock for a 98 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator13

Reaction score
I was reading a lot about up grading my rear shock to a 660 raptor would this help out a 265# rider next question is there any fab work or is it a direct fit also what year raptor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001-2003 I believe and I'm not completely sure but I think you have to do something to the airbox?

I would also like to know I was looking on eBay some of the shocks have a letter or letters behind them like b, a, q also which is better piggy back or remote

Not a direct fit.
2001 raptor 660 rear only
Go for a banshee shock.
You only have to mod the air box for that.

So the only year 660 is an 01 and what year banshee shock will fit

Any year banshee but you have to mod the air box. Look in the tutorial section for how to do it.

I have read different threads about the banshee and raptor shock I am looking for the best upgrade for the warrior I am about 265 in weight and do a lot of trail riding with a lot of rocks the oem rear shock beats the hell out of me I guess my question is which is better

To get the raptor 660 shock to work ok takes a lot of playing around with linkages and to make it work properly involves a custom linkage. The banshee shock works well with the stock linkage and only involves the modded airbox. Both ways will involve a new spring for your weight imo, since both the 660 and banshee shocks have the same (or very close) spring rates.

Ok I have found some to cut the 660r shock down so I need an 01 with the remote res right not the piggy back correct

I have read different threads about the banshee and raptor shock I am looking for the best upgrade for the warrior I am about 265 in weight and do a lot of trail riding with a lot of rocks the oem rear shock beats the hell out of me I guess my question is which is better

Back