Adding an extra plate in the clutch pack

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its cast aluminum. It breaks some times. I would bet the pack wasn't together when you tightened it.

Ive ran this for as long as I can remember. Ive never had a problem.

I use driveline performance clutches and love them.

As for wave washers. They will destroy the hub boss. Toss them to decrease the chance of clutch damage

Its cast aluminum. It breaks some times. I would bet the pack wasn't together when you tightened it.

Ive ran this for as long as I can remember. Ive never had a problem.

I use driveline performance clutches and love them.

As for wave washers. They will destroy the hub boss. Toss them to decrease the chance of clutch damage
I used a screw driver to keep the pack together before I tightened the springs like it recommends in the Clymer manual. And the wave washers are the little rings labeled as #17 on the diagram, right?

your prolly better off without the wave washers To be Honest...

I used a screw driver to keep the pack together before I tightened the springs like it recommends in the Clymer manual. And the wave washers are the little rings labeled as #17 on the diagram, right?

Is he right? Is #17 the wave washers?

yes is 17 the wave washers? I am putting a new clutch in tomorrow and want to do this. and I am going to use one of the old steel plates witch one is the thin steel? thanks guys?

Thick or thin Steel?

Got an 88 Warrior.

If I remove the 2 wave washer/plates should I add an extra thick or a thin steel to the clutch pack?

Thin Steel is part 10 on the fische: PT#: 168-16325-00-00
Thick Steel is part 11 on the fische: PT#: 3J2-16324-00-00

Thanks

Add 2 Steels?

Well I pulled it apart over the weekend and removed the 2 wave washer/plates. Both of these "wave washers" and they both measured 1.5mm to 1.53mm, which is the same thickness as the thin steel clutch plates (plate #10 int he fiche, PT#: 168-16325-00-00 )

So if I remove the two "Wave washers" and I replace them in the stack with two thin clutch plates so the stack is the same thickness as the original thickness; am I suppose to add an additional steel to that?
OR
Do I just replace the wave washers with two thin steels?

Thanks

Well when I did it, I pulled both wave washers and added a thick & a think steel.

Since adding two thins would equal out the original thickness, I added a thick and a thin and I am .4mm (.015748 inch (1.5 thousandths) or just under 1/64th of an inch) thicker than the original clutch pack.

The clutch is pretty hard to pull now and I'm not weak, should I be concerned about it being over loaded and possibly breaking under use/load?

Well when I did it, I pulled both wave washers and added a thick & a thin steel.

Since adding two thins would equal out the original thickness, I added a thick and a thin and I am .4mm (.015748 inch (1.5 thousandths) or just under 1/64th of an inch) thicker than the original clutch pack.

I finally got a chance to ride this set up and the clutch kept sticking so I removed the thin steel and it works good now.

So for those of you wondering what to do; remove the two wave washers and add one thick steel clutch plate and it should work good.

Back