big bear oil mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We1Dont7Die

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im really interested in getting the big bear oil mod. the tutorial here doesnt have the pictures anymore...it would be awesome if they were there cause i would be able to do this but unfortunately theyre not. is there any way to get the pictures back?! I want to do this mod so bad.

What pictures you need exactly? I know some guys on here have that mod currently, perhaps they can send yah what you need.

There's barbs everyones talking about on that thread...if I buy the *OPTIONAL*(according to deathshadows list) 2X joints, do i still need to buy the barb things from home depot? are the "joints" the barbs?

does this help??
PICT1076.jpg

looks awesome. Thanks a lot. now if i could only get a clear image of the cooler mounted, that would be fantastic.

87 Warrior, did you have to buy the e-clips and things that go inside and hold the filter on or whatever? There were some extra parts listed behind the cover in the exploded view I found the other day. Or did you just keep the stock Warrior filter and pop the Big Bear cover on over it?

i have the hole set-up on my 90',and im taking it off because the cooler was trashed!(its for sale for 65.bucks) that includes the cap and the long bolts,the hose you can pick up at autoparts store....black42

thanks. ill get a pic of where the cooler is mounted gimmie a sec.... mopar1 when i order mine i bought everything inside of it too just to be safe. the bigbear and warrior filter is exactly the same too

I just have another question. I am looking to buy the big bear cooler in the for sale section of the forum but it has threads on the outlets on the cover...I thought they were supposed to be "barbed" or whatever so the oil line slips on. How will the oil lines go on this one im looking to buy?

Also, your bolts on the oil cover are like brass, this one looks black. can anyone please clear this up so i can get rolling on this project? here the big bear setup im loking at http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22108

Last edited:
ok the brass fittings with the barbed ends are diff. from the ones your wanting to buy. the ones on it are the stock bigbear fittings. when u get it take them off and go to the hardware store and find the brass fittings with the barbs on the end of it that will thread in. get some teflon tape and tape the threads good so it wont leak. and the one your looking at, does it come with the 3 mounting bolts?? if not u will have order them from a yami dealer cause they are longer than the stock warrior ones and 2 of them have a bigger head, and thicker shaft...... also when u get the cooler and lines make sure u fill the cooler with oil. start it and let it run for a min., turn off and check the oil and add if need be. keep doing that till its on the full line.... that help any?

They don't come with the bolts he says but why does it say on the thred for the oil mod that the stock big bear fittings are OPTIONAL? why would they be optional if you dont even need them? I am just trying to wrap my mind around this. your pictures help a lot though.

ya i would not use them unless u plan on getting the oil lines off the bigbear which are expensive as hell from yami dealer.

Awesome man thanks for the clear answer..they're hard to get sometimes. one other thing i was thinking about...is there really enough pressure to make the oil actually cycle through this cooler? seems to me that since the oil is shooting out of both outlets on the cover, the oil wouldnt really go anywhere.

ok well actually the oil will shoot out into one line and travel through the line,cooler, the other line and back to the motor...if you go to a dealer website you can get get a blowup pic of it. the small parts inside the extention part is what directs the oil into 1 line and not both... i think

Ya he would be right makes sence the other line is a return like the same as a tranny cooler ones a flow line an the other should be a return with the cooler oil goin into the motor sounds right to me anyway lol

i understand how to hook everything up but i want to know where to get that adapter you have on your warrior. ive searched for them and i cant find them anywhere

The adapter you can get from yamaha just look up the big bear parts diagram and you will find it.

Back