very weak spark/ help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2001warrior350

Reaction score
hi, i have a 2001 yamaha warrior 350, nd it turns out that i have a ver very week spark, not enough to ignite the quad, ive already tested the coil with the orange cable nd it turns out to be fine, but we have no idea what to do now. any suggestions?

I would:

1. change plug
2. test the stator
3. test cdi
4. test plug wire and boot

Your problem will be on that list somewhere if the coil tested fine....

The electrical system is not bad to work on, its just proccess of elimination as long as you make sure they are in spec, and not just start replacing parts....

Good luck, let us know what you find.

I would:

1. change plug
2. test the stator
3. test cdi
4. test plug wire and boot

Your problem will be on that list somewhere if the coil tested fine....

The electrical system is not bad to work on, its just proccess of elimination as long as you make sure they are in spec, and not just start replacing parts....

Good luck, let us know what you find.

also go threw and check grounds you be suprised what frustration:argh: you can get when you replace a few parts to find out it was a ground. trust me i had it happen. oh and you really cant test the cdi unless you have a known good one and the quad fires up with a known good one.

Yeah it prob. is the stator, but if you can figure out what coil in the stator went bad you might be able to solder a cheaper one on rather then buy a whole new stator, it cost me $25 to solder a new coil in a stator once, compared to buying a whole stator for $100 or what ever it was at the time for the big red....

98 is right.... clean up all your grounds while your in there, might as well do it while your not riding

I ordered a stator from RMSTATOR, it came with a gasket, and the pick up coil. Cost was $150.00 with shipping. Also has a 1yr warranty

It's the stator.

thats what everyone was tellin me when i had weak and no spark and it turned out that the little ground wire coming off the main battery ground had corroded and broke. i think that little one goes up to the coil, cause theres that little ground wire that mounts on the mounting bolt. After my experience i always suggest to look that over and try saving money for other mods if thats the problem. considering i dropped $100 on small parts that it didnt end up needing.

not saying that it aint the stator but if he ohmed the coil it will still ohm good with say that ground i had the issue with broke or corroded. ive just made checking wiring and grounds the first thing i suggest and do myself. especially since going through that is free and should be done once in a while anyway to have that chance of finding a bad ground or rubbed threw wire. i also ohm the components that can be whats could be the problem as i check the stuff in the area.

Yeah def. start ohming things, never just start replacing parts, its such a waste!

The stator also has 2 coils on it (not talkin about the ignition coil either)...that can be replaced with out replacing the whole assembly, as long as your good at soldering, if you find one of them to be the issue, it will just save you a little money...

Last edited:
Back