Tether Switch HookUp?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intense4

Reaction score
I got the ProArmor Universal Tether Switch and was wondering if it is possible to hook up to the key ignition.

If so, can someone explain how?

It's not possible, at least not without adding other components and making it complicated. With the use of a relay or 2 you COULD do it though.

From my experience no do not goto the key switch period. When I got my kill switch it said to goto the stator and I decided I didn't want to test all 13 wires to find out which one I needed so I took the easy route and went to the ignition wire. Well I found out the hard way that touching the small round metal part on the kill switch and the clutch lever at the same time shocks you. And since I was too lazy to fix this I got shocked one other time. Let me explain.

About a month ago I cut the grass and then got the weedeater out and skinned all the grass around everything. It was damn near 100 outside and all I had on were jeans and shoes. Well I wanted to go ride after so I loaded my quad up and went to ride. I took a shirt with me but because I had grass all over me from the weedeater it just made me itch so I took my shirt off and rode witout one.

Well this day I decided I was going to turn this little hill into a small jump. I rode up it a few times to mark my spot on it and kind of form it into a jump. Then I started to hit it and after a few times I was like hmmm what will happen if I go faster. It is about a 3-4 foot jump where the ground is level with the top of the jump so you get a few feet of air at the most but your straight up and don't get thrown forward you have to land on your back tires then let the front end come down from almost 11oclock. Anyway like I said I started to get a little more brave and hit it hard one time. Well I got thrown forward and my left tit hit my kill switch while my left hand is on the clutch and my right hand on the brake I had gloves on also but I got the **** shocked out of my tit. I think my heart may have skipped a beat also.

After this situation and a sore tittie I had to finally change the wiring so it didn't happen again. I moved the wire from the ignition to the orange wire on the stator and so far so good. I was scared to test it out to see if I was going to get shocked again, but I couldn't handle another rock hard nipple for 3 days. (It didn't make it hard but its funny).

Hope that helps.

From my experience no do not goto the key switch period. When I got my kill switch it said to goto the stator and I decided I didn't want to test all 13 wires to find out which one I needed so I took the easy route and went to the ignition wire. Well I found out the hard way that touching the small round metal part on the kill switch and the clutch lever at the same time shocks you. And since I was too lazy to fix this I got shocked one other time. Let me explain.

About a month ago I cut the grass and then got the weedeater out and skinned all the grass around everything. It was damn near 100 outside and all I had on were jeans and shoes. Well I wanted to go ride after so I loaded my quad up and went to ride. I took a shirt with me but because I had grass all over me from the weedeater it just made me itch so I took my shirt off and rode witout one.

Well this day I decided I was going to turn this little hill into a small jump. I rode up it a few times to mark my spot on it and kind of form it into a jump. Then I started to hit it and after a few times I was like hmmm what will happen if I go faster. It is about a 3-4 foot jump where the ground is level with the top of the jump so you get a few feet of air at the most but your straight up and don't get thrown forward you have to land on your back tires then let the front end come down from almost 11oclock. Anyway like I said I started to get a little more brave and hit it hard one time. Well I got thrown forward and my left tit hit my kill switch while my left hand is on the clutch and my right hand on the brake I had gloves on also but I got the **** shocked out of my tit. I think my heart may have skipped a beat also.

After this situation and a sore tittie I had to finally change the wiring so it didn't happen again. I moved the wire from the ignition to the orange wire on the stator and so far so good. I was scared to test it out to see if I was going to get shocked again, but I couldn't handle another rock hard nipple for 3 days. (It didn't make it hard but its funny).

Hope that helps.

Holy **** dude not to be off topic but man that gave me a good chuckle after reading that lol referring to ur "Brest" as a "Tit"

Well, i went by what the paper's said and what WarriorSpeed said and hooked it up to the orange wire right befor the coil.

Yes i cut the wire, but only to add a female/male connector. It took me a while to figure it out, i had it hooked up right but had the long wire ran straight into the clip that hooks up to the coil and it wasnt working right, so i kept asking myself (WTF?) but finally figured it out.

What i was wanting to do is totally get rid of the key ignition and stock killswitch and use the tether switch with a small bolt on push button for the starter.

i know this is going to seem retarded but wheres the coil at? its not the wire coming out of the magnito is it ?

The coil is in the nose, take the lights off then the hood, then you will see it, only 2 wires are there 1 orange(the one you need) 1 black (its the ground for the coil leave it alone)

one more question weston....once i hook up the tehther killswitch to the orange wire will i still be able to use my electric start?

im gonna say yes, as long as you have clip on. i just ****** with ya jeff, no harm-no foul:tup: is it hooked up yet? read ur other post,,,,,,this whole wiring tether switch confuses me

Last edited:
no its still comming in...i ordered the tether,new hmf,3 finger levers,pro taper contours, and new gear its supposed to all come in a few days....ill let u know what happens and how many times i shocked myself

YOU FIND ME A BLACK TANK COVER YET? not painted! hell i can do that

no ther eon my bike now in the video those are OEM black gas tank and nose piece sorry lol i have...teal,yellow and red gas tank but no black sorry

Back