Relocation/Filtering of Warrior Crank Case vent

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you repost these pics cuz im pretty interested in the set up, thanks.

[quote:672dllhh]the tube is the crankcase breather it needs to be hooked to a vacuum to suck all the explosive fumes out of your crankcase. Thats why it is hooked to the intake.

how do you figure? when the engine is running there's constantly hot air blowing out of the breather. The only reason they come attached to the intake is to re-burn the fumes to reduce emissions, and to put the opening where it's somewhat protected from the elements. If they really wanted a vacuum to pull pull the fumes out they would have put it down between the airbox and the carb, not at the top of the tube where there is barely any vacuum effect.[/quote:672dllhh]

I do agree with what your saying... just a little fyi
They actually want a vaccum there because it helps pull or seat the rings into the cylinder under hard load. Some engine builders will use a vaccum pump or route the crankcase vent to the exhaust to pull a vaccum so the rings will seat in better to the cylinder wall and create less blow by and thus adding horsepower.

I took that 90 off of the snorkel, drilled a hole in the air box, put the bigger end through the hole and mounted the hose so that the 90 was facing down in the air box.

wait..so if you take the lid off do you still need to do something with that vent hose that mounts to the top if the airbox?

I think you may be confusing the crankcase breather (small tube) with the airbox snorkel (big tube). When you remove the lid the snorkel will be gone, and because the crankcase breather hose attaches to the snorkel, you have to do something with that hose to keep dirt and crap from getting into it.

o yeah..i got it now..cant you just drill into you air box and run the hose into the box?

You can, but it's still best to put some kind of filter over the end. Even stock you could get mud, dirt, sand, and whatever else down through the tube, and for the cost of a breather filter, it's worth the extra protection for your engine.

You can just zip it to the frame, but relocating it in the airbox keeps the breather from getting dirty so quick. You'd be surprised how quick they get caked with dirt when they're completely exposed.

This entire thread was about relocating the breather. did you actually read any of it?

I'm doing this but id like to see some pics that someone has done to compare ideas, Im running with a modded airbox and I was thinking about welding a 1in tube to the inside of the airbox run a second smaller hose and putting a filter on that that way its protected some what in the aiebox and not zip tied to the frame does anyone have pics at all?

I'm doing this but id like to see some pics that someone has done to compare ideas, Im running with a modded airbox and I was thinking about welding a 1in tube to the inside of the airbox run a second smaller hose and putting a filter on that that way its protected some what in the airbox and not zip tied to the frame does anyone have pics at all?
thats what this whole thread was about! omfg!

Lol! This thread is ANTIENT.. im running a Kodiak valve cover and plugged the whole on the case to clean things up, and im running a short tube with filter up inside the fram

since this thread is a sticky ill post this here.

the kodiak 400 valve cover is a direct fit on the warrior and it relocates the vent to the cam cover instead of the crank case which lets you clean up the look of the engine bay and relocate it at the same time.

IMG_20121214_110233.jpg

IMG_20121214_110250.jpg

Awesome find! What did you do with the case vent? Cap it?

Does the head/case vent matter? Does the case NEED to vent as apposed to have it come from the head?

Back