Two guys, Three quads... The Warrior saga

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modelking

Reaction score
So as you all know by now, My warrior broke a chain and cracked the case. Well my friend was over by my house the other day, and his rear axle carrier bearings blew out. So we decided to just buy a whole new parts quad! We ended up pulling the whole swing arm out of the parts quad and putting it, the plastics, and the shocks on his. And yes. We're maintaining them a lot better after the chain broke.

My case:

It looks a lot better than what it is. the case is pretty much shot after the chain popped off

The night we got it all.. It's looks like a warrior junk yard! :iagree:

Then we got tearing into it all!

This is what his looked like when he first got it, When he bought it it was in essentially a box, and another guy helped him put it together over the span of about four months..

When he first bought it:

Before the night:

After!:

As you can see it really helped his out! But i have a question... If you have no battery will the headlights still work? Or is the stater trying to charge nothing and none of the electronic's will work? Cuz the rear tail light works, but it flickers, and when you rev the engine it pretty much all dims out. Could it be the stater? And will a 2nd gen stater work on a 1st gen? Any help would be great!

So tomorrow I'm going to pull the motor out of the parts quad, and put it in mine. It runs good from what I can tell. it has a P.O.S. $20 carb on it now so it don't run worth a pinch of crap. But I don't hear anything suspicious with it so I'm hoping it's all good!

I'll update soon!

sounds like the charging part of the stator is going that's what my 02 was doing the lights would flicker at idle and when I revved it they would die out and the voltage would drop on the battery
ohm the 3 white wires coming out of the stator those are for the charging
87-2000 should read within .70-.86 ohms
2001-and up should read within .51 - .63 ohms

Latest posts

Back