New to me Warrior Build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Fivefour

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure what constitutes a "build" thread. I'm from the Mustang world and you only get a build thread there for a complete overhaul. So correct me if I'm out of line.

I acquired a 2000 Warrior last weekend on the cheap. It wasn't starting up when we did the transaction so i got a few more bucks knocked off. I could hear it had compression so I wasn't too worried. (put a new spark plug in, she fired right up)The biggest problem with the bike was someone had hacked up the electrical so that is the biggest thing i'm trying to fix or replace. Like I said I am big into mustangs so the difference in the cost of the parts was blowing my mind so I have already bought a bunch of stuff for it.

-CFM Intake with K&N filter
-White Brothers Exhaust
-yzf450 shifter
- Msr clutch lever
-raptor clutch cable mod with motion pro cable
- New Front bumper ( previous owner had broke the aluminum one it had)
-TM Designworks A-arm bushings
-Motion pro throttle cable
-LED Light Bar ( it had no lights)
-Ebay Nerf bars
-New oil filter and Mobil 1 4 stroke oil

I believe that is all as of now. I want to rework the suspension because it is way to loose for my liking. I weigh about 250 so I need something that can handle that.

According to the previous owner it had a new clutch installed and meier plastics.

Wow, that is one fine wiring job, sheesh! Good luck and welcome.

Well I ordered a 01 Harness because after I got into it wires are cut everywhere and its far from correct. I just want to be able to start it off the handle bars. The previous owner had wired a toggle switch to each side of the starter solenoid as a bypass.

what the hell,,, was the guy a nutjob or what. I dont know why someone would do that sounds like a bunch of rigging for nothing!! I agree with you just get a brand new harness, my 01 has one also..

04fivefour,
Where did u order your harness from and how much. I may have to order a wire harness for my 00 model. The previous owner bypassed a lot on my bike too and did the same as yours did

04fivefour,
Where did u order your harness from and how much. I may have to order a wire harness for my 00 model. The previous owner bypassed a lot on my bike too and did the same as yours did

I bought it off ebay for $99. its worth it to me because everything in there has been hacked up from the starter, to the lights, the reverse lever, battery everything.

Ive bought a few oem parts through Partszilla over the years and they are a good company but shipping takes longer than most. Still a decent price for 130. Welcome to the Forum.

Ive bought a few oem parts through Partszilla over the years and they are a good company but shipping takes longer than most. Still a decent price for 130. Welcome to the Forum.

I got my raptor clutch cable parts from them and received them in two days. I was really happy with them.

Yea that's pretty quick!! I ordered some YFZ450x headlight shrouds and they took over a week to get to me. I assumed they was on back order or out of stock. So no biggie still got them and they was a good price I used a discount and got them for 14 bucks. So I cant complain either

I NEED YOUR GUYS HELP!!!!!!!!!

I got my harness in and I have a few leads that don't have anything to go to, keep in mind the previous owner hacked everything.

First
These are two identical plastic plugs with 3 wires a piece. the are near the steering column.

Second

Theses are on the top in front of the steering column. One is a single male quick connect all black wire. The other is a single black wire with a yellow stripe with a female quick connector.

Frist ones are the head lights and the others is clutch safety switch just plug them in to each other

Tapatalk - now Free

Frist ones are the head lights and the others is clutch safety switch just plug them in to each other

Tapatalk - now Free

That's what I thought but wasn't sure. Didn't feel like going out in the cold to look at mine.

If that is the case then they had the head lights wired off something else......:loco:

I'll go snap some more pictures.

Don't let him fool ya, lbjamm didn't want to go outside because it is cold, it is because he's scared of the Colorado Boogey Man. Lmao Just kidding, I just came in from outside and I wasn't heading back out to look either.

Latest posts

Back