Marcus's 87 warrior thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

Reaction score
I don't want to pollute my introduction thread with updates and since I'm doing so much n such a short time I figure I will get this out of the way..

All my powder coating is done by me at my work. Sand blasted, 7 stage wash system then powder coat typically black.

IMAG0158_zps83af7995.jpg

IMAG0200_zps019e7dc8.jpg

IMAG0203_zps04a15787.jpg

IMAG0206_zps403365f5.jpg

IMAG0213_zps84fe6709.jpg

IMAG0241_zps70b54db7.jpg

IMAG0245_zps1e0f77ae.jpg

IMAG0246_zps4581e825.jpg

IMAG0248_zpscfa96468.jpg

From here I'm thinking of powder coating the hubs once I can get some wheel bearings ordered. And at some point in time ill rebuild the carrier and powder coat that as well.. Going to try using a heat gun on the plastics tomorrow to see if it gets rid of any of the fading going on. Also thinking of ordering the black and red alba nerfs off eBay. Also going to be looking into a new seat cover, as this one is kinda meh.

Yesterday I heat gunned my plastics and then buffed them to a gloss came out not too bad. Still a hundred times better than faded ugly looking plastics.

IMAG0249_zps9d0d2d3e.jpg

IMAG0280_zpsac606ebe.jpg

On my plate for this week is the skid plates. Deciding between using .090 or .125 thick aluminum. I'm thinking I can have the a arms and the main plate drafted and hopefully on the laser cutter by Friday so I can get them mounted Saturday.

IMAG0259_zpsae01f288.jpg

Took it bombing around my yard this weekend too. Can only get midway thru third gear but I'm still trying to get used to having this higher center of gravity compared to what I've been used to. I love the amount of torque it has in second gear to get the ass end loose. This next pic is how it sat after some **** head neighbor decided to call the police on me.

Thanks man! I haven't jetted the carb yet but when my quad warms up sometimes it has a high idle and sometimes it's fine? Would that be some sort of adjustment screw or do you think I still have more gunk in the carb

Yeah the idle screw on the side of the carb it is a decent sized Phillips head screw with a spring between it and the carb

Thanks man! I haven't jetted the carb yet but when my quad warms up sometimes it has a high idle and sometimes it's fine? Would that be some sort of adjustment screw or do you think I still have more gunk in the carb
Theres a air mix screw on the bottom of the carb it in a awkward spot you need a flat head bit to adjust it..

On my plate for this week is the skid plates. Deciding between using .090 or .125 thick aluminum.

If you have a choice, go with .125 for sure. I built mine from an old sign, which was probably .090, and it's great, much better than no skid plate, but it dents pretty easily. I'd definitely go thicker if i could.

If you have a choice, go with .125 for sure. I built mine from an old sign, which was probably .090, and it's great, much better than no skid plate, but it dents pretty easily. I'd definitely go thicker if i could.

I'm glad you said that because I was going to go with .090 to start. But really it's no big deal. Once the cad drawing is done I can just remake the part as many times as needed til I get it right.

Back