Best Hatfield McCoy Trail?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtx215s

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get to WV this year to ride at the Hatfield McCoy trails. Was wondering which trail system is the best down there? Where is the best spot to stay at? Would like to do like a four day trip

I've been trying to go but have no one to tag along with me on the 8hr journey.

I'm in md 20744 I can take up to 2 other with my truck and trailer . As long as you agree to pay your way and ill do the same if the other way around .

I've ridden Buffalo Mountain,Rockhouse, and am about to ride the southern most 3 systems that connect to one another next weekend. They are Indian Ridge, Pinnacle Creek, and Pocohantus.

Buffalo Mtn is a very good system. Didn't ride all of the blue and green trails because we just didn't have time, but, it was very fun. There is a place called the "play ground" where you can do several hill climbs if that is your thing. If you stay there DO NOT stay at the Boars Nest. That is where we stayed, and it left a lot to be desired.

Rockhouse, in one word, AWESOME!!! Yes, it live up to it's name, there are lots of rocks. But, once you get used to them, you don't even know they are there. Pretty much the really bad rocky trails are all on the left side of the system. Trail 31 is freakin KNARLY! You'll go probably a 1/4 mile up the side of a mountain that is all switchbacks, that you will be powersliding around the corners, and cramming the throttle once around it. THE most fun trail I've ridden out there. The rest of the system is awesome as well. Lots of challanging trailing, fun, interesting, and some of the best views. If you want a really good place to stay, call up Browning Fork Trail House (if I'm not mistaken). That is where we stayed, and are planning on staying there this June.

My vote is for Rockhouse! Stayed at the Miller cabin on the edge of town, it was perfect.

Trial 17 (or 15??) was my favorite. Its short but full of whoops. Nothing like flying through the woods jumping over and over again.

It's the only one I've been to just yet but it was crazy fun and from what I hear, the best and biggest. Must be why they have trailfest held at the Rockhouse trail head every year.......

Yeah man! She is a fun trail. Why do you think we are going back there in June! Too much fun to ride only once.

this just makes me think of how pissed I'll be knowing you guys will be there next month.........

Back