My wifes resto project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftedhigh

Reaction score
Well my wife decided that just painting the plastics wouldn't make her happy so she decided she wanted to completely restore the bike.

What we are starting with:
485904_10151380842498748_63056514_n.jpg

Her getting started
296816_10151381044433748_1299249220_n.jpg

29611_10151381050513748_1107584582_n.jpg

Plastics painted
IMAG0281_zpsf7d0ad25.jpg

Bike disassembled
321091_10151384483788748_1348469623_n.jpg

Frame cleaned and ready for paint
IMAG0283_zps002c02e2.jpg

Frame painted and she has started painting the engine
IMAG0284_zps2c310bfd.jpg

More to follow...

I've pulled engines outta dirtbikes but never a quad. I'm sure it's all about the same. I'd go a little farther than this and go bare frame.

Would it be fairly easy for a "beginner" like me to bare the frame of my Warrior? I've been thinking about doing it and then getting the frame straightened and painting/powdercoating it, and then with all the parts off I could do some work on the parts to make everything fresh and shiny. I had a good long look at the quad about a week ago and it all looked fairly simple, maybe just a bit time consuming to get everything off the frame.

Would it be fairly easy for a "beginner" like me to bare the frame of my Warrior? I've been thinking about doing it and then getting the frame straightened and painting/powdercoating it, and then with all the parts off I could do some work on the parts to make everything fresh and shiny. I had a good long look at the quad about a week ago and it all looked fairly simple, maybe just a bit time consuming to get everything off the frame.
Like I said Jake, their a real simple machine. The wiring to the motor is simple, and the wiring is easy to strip off the frame. The harness usually stays together.
All the parts of the quad (shocks, the a-arms, the swinger, ect") can be pulled off using basic hand tools.
As for the frame.. You would be surprised what some good prep work, and a couple of cans of spray paint will give ya.

If it's your first crack at something like this, I suggest taking a lot of pictures as you take it apart. Then just go backwards threw those pictures to assure your putting back together properly.
You can do it.. :iagree:

Sorry Liftedhigh.. I kinda jacked your thread here.
If you wanna find out make about stripping down your quad JakeBloom, start a new thread in general info. Or you can just ask questions as you run into them in the technical section.

It was pretty simple to pull apart. I picked up the engine by myself it's not that heavy.

It is all back together minus exhaust and plastic. She won't let me put the plastic back on till it is finished since she don't want to scratch her paint.

I'll take some pics when my phone charges.

It was pretty simple to pull apart. I picked up the engine by myself it's not that heavy.
Well I packed mine around a few times, and didn't think it was as heavy as it is either. But it's proven that a complete motor (minus the carb) Weighs 110lbs..
Their not a lightweight motor. lol

My plan for today was to adjust the valves and tighten the chain in my bike but never got around to it. But this was much more fun.

nah thats just the angle of the pic. They are only 22" tires

Yeah I just looked them up on amazon. Hers are 22x11x9 and amazon has them for $126 a piece. Damn! That's more then I paid for both of my bear claws

Like I said Jake, their a real simple machine. The wiring to the motor is simple, and the wiring is easy to strip off the frame. The harness usually stays together.
All the parts of the quad (shocks, the a-arms, the swinger, ect") can be pulled off using basic hand tools.
As for the frame.. You would be surprised what some good prep work, and a couple of cans of spray paint will give ya.

If it's your first crack at something like this, I suggest taking a lot of pictures as you take it apart. Then just go backwards threw those pictures to assure your putting back together properly.
You can do it.. :iagree:

Sorry Liftedhigh.. I kinda jacked your thread here.
If you wanna find out make about stripping down your quad JakeBloom, start a new thread in general info. Or you can just ask questions as you run into them in the technical section.

Thanks for the info man. I'm not sure when I'm gonna do a teardown, might not be until this fall, but I've gained confidence that I will be able to do it. And of course I'll be able to come to you guys for any help I need. :tup:

Sorry for temporarily jacking your thread Lifted.

Back