Few pics of my warrior rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronc3buster842001

Reaction score
Started out as a 2000. Bought a complete 2001 that was in pieces for cheap. Sold a few parts off it and made my money back. The 2001 frame was in better shape than my 2000. So on to cleaning and painting the 2001 frame. Its a metallic silver. Not the best or prettiest, but looks good.

IMG029.jpg

IMG030.jpg

And what it looked like before I tore it apart. The front suspension bushings were all toast. Axle and swingarm bearing were getting some play. The 2001 looks like it was well maintanced.

IMG022.jpg

And thats my other toy in the pic. It was the first quad Ive ever rebuilt.

Good ole mojave.. Will run forever with little to no issues.

Just have to keep an eye on the intake valves. Ive had 2 heads drop valves. Lost a crank in it. Got enough parts to almost build another one.

ive always wanted a warrior and finally got one. Now onto collecting parts for it. Think I can put another one together with the parts I have extra.

No i dont have one. Mine are the 97 up style. I have 3 of them.

Ill ask my buddy if he still has one kicking around. He had a whole box of parts but i think he let them go when he sold his.

Good ole mojave.. Will run forever with little to no issues.

False. There were notorious for depriving the head of oil at the cam seats,oil passages were to small. Its exactly what killed the one my brothers had.

See, I've never had that issue. Both of my uncles bought theirs' new in 93ish, and both bikes are still together and running. Well, one runs, the other has sat for the last 5 years or more because my uncle is dirt poor and can't afford a rear shock and swinger bearings. Won't sell it either. But those 2 bikes have been beat to absolute ****! Irregular oil changes, burnt clutches, ridden with a bad water pump and little coolant, flipped, rolled, crashed, smashed, catapulted in the air, driven off cliffs... you name it, they've been through it. And, niether have ever been rebuilt.

False. There were notorious for depriving the head of oil at the cam seats,oil passages were to small. Its exactly what killed the one my brothers had.

Yep they are bad about eating cams. Never heard that the oil passages were to small. wonder if they could be made big. I like my mojave. For a 250 it runs pretty good. It will outrun blasters and 300exs.

they are quick, and fun. Small and the wheel base is ****, you sit over the rear axle, fun for wheelies, not for climbing. ALso, noone made aftermarkert parts for them. We had tires, fenders and handlebars on our and tat was pretty much what you could mod.

The DOHC was a cool design thou, just bad engineering.

Perhaps it was just a bad year? We has a 01 Mojave. Cam failure was the death of it.

It could have been and I thought about that myself. If you guys new my uncles you'd NEVER believe that either of their mojaves still run. Matter of fact, my uncle in jersey passed his down to his 13 year old son. Never been rebuild. Amazingly never fried the head gasket or piston running it with a bad water pump in the sand pit time and time again. You can get extended swingers from CWR. Other than an extended durablue and works stock length shocks that was about it. FST used to make a 350cc big bore stroker kit. I forget the bore size but it was a 17mm stroker crank. CWR still has big bore and stroker kits for em. My uncle used to climb all the hills in Glidden's with it. Guys on shees couldn't get over how he could do it with that little thing. But then my uncle should have raced quads for a living, he rides that well.

Do you happen to have a pic from above, with engine still in, and upper mounts attached?

Finally found a set of headlights. Hauled some scrap off today and just happened to see a set off to the side. What were the odds of that.

Anyway I got them for 5 bucks. What a steal. :tup:

Got her all put back together and got the motor broke in. This is from the other night. She runs good. Now time to start addeding some bling. :haha:

IMG048.jpg

Latest posts

Back