lightning raceway

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crawlernut

Reaction score
Just had a good old memory of a easter harescramble at lightning raceway if any of you guys raced there he had a junk yard on the edge of the track,we had over 100 entrys on this easter race he put on 100% payback, it brought out some fast guys, he lined us up single line mx style start, threw a stuffed rabbit in the air for the start,my very first holeshot! on a 92 warrior also! iam first into the woods my helmet is so tight on my head from smiling so big,wow pulled the holeshot iam thinking,lol, quick dive into a creek bottom then out into a slick long sweeping turn, bam !! right into the side of a big yellow junk school bus i go, now stuck! got it nailed to the rev limiter in reverse,lol, an here comes the other 99 racers ,damn school bus! i get unstuck riding like a madman beating the snot out of my warrior(she liked it) an ended up with a 6th place finish an a bent front bumper an cracked fender, i still laugh about it when the other guys i raced with talk about racing at lightning:haha:

HAH, I raced lighting once. Made it through the junk yard and into a pit of suction mud. Couldn't get the quad out. I was so effin pissed and crazy exhausted trying everything I could to get it out. Just sat there in defeat until near the end of the race the clean up crew made it back to me and could pull me out.

LOL,yea that place was famous for some tough tricky spots,try racing there in the dark ,,,,an forget to bring the headlites! i did manage a solid 3 place finish with a mag lite thou,lol, but hey thats another good long story. now i just remebered why i quit racing there.

Back