restoring plastics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The98warrior

Reaction score
iv searched but havent really found the steps for doing it. so can someone be more specific on how to do this. iv seen pics of some of yalls plastics after restoring them and they look brand new!?!? really need to do this bad. i still dont know why theres not a sticky on this. thanks

i made another thread on this in the general discussion if yall want to read it. theres a couple guys imput on this but still...no sticky ????

I sanded mine from 800-2000 came out great pics are on here some where

sand plastics than wipe with a 60/40 mix of paint thinner and boiled linseed oil it works awesome

1293064_571009256292010_1963570629_o.jpg

left side untreated - right side treated

Last edited:
Wet sand and use a heat gun, being very careful not to overheat. But it's an off road vehicle that will just get scratched up again. Adds caricature, and shows you ride it. Meir makes nice replacements for a reasonable price, but they will show battle scares after a while to. Just don't be to anal about how it looks, and pay more attention to how it runs. I spend more time cleaning and doing maintenance on my bike than I do riding it. But it is in top notch condition, just looks like it's been rode through a thorn patch. I can use a plastic conditioner for restoring the look of car trim and it looks great until the next time I pressure wash it. I pay more attention to lubing the chain, keeping it clean, and greasing the critical points, changing the oil, and keeping the carb and air filter clean. Pressure wash it after every ride is critical, dirt is your worst enemy.

Latest posts

Back