Midway's winter engine build project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
Decided to extend from the head porting page and show my winter engine build. Here is a link to page where my build starts:
http://www.performancemachine.net/head_port_03.html
My head is exactly the same as the one I ported to sell and is the one with the wrinkle finish paint.
The rest of the pages can be accessed from the links at the bottom of each page. I will add descriptions to the pages later.

page 3 has a bad link

Which link? I went through it just now and they work. I am amazed any of them worked. Gets confusing adding all the links and pointing them to the right place.

The last page has a bad link because I haven't built that page yet. I think I have an under construction page I could link to for now.

Last edited:
looks good but you NEED to oil all those bearings and gears before final assembly to keep from galling them when you go to ride or crank it the first time but it looks awesome!

looks good but you NEED to oil all those bearings and gears before final assembly to keep from galling them when you go to ride or crank it the first time but it looks awesome!

The bearings have EP lube in them and I will oil the gears and slides just before I button the case halves up. I just didn't want oil everywhere for the time being.

The link on the last page should point to a construction page now.

Yep I knew that. We build engines where I work and we lube everything. We have had DIY customers take a freshly done head and proceed to put the rocker nuts on dry and then complain when the stud is damaged beyond use. We go through lots of EP lube because we use it on everything.

Which link? I went through it just now and they work. I am amazed any of them worked. Gets confusing adding all the links and pointing them to the right place.

The last page has a bad link because I haven't built that page yet. I think I have an under construction page I could link to for now.
page 3 did when I looked eariler but it works now, don't know why it didn't eariler it had ads on the page, i don't know. Anyways you really do nice work. Maybe it was the server at school acting wierd?

Thanks for the nice comments. I love doing this sort of work. Just never have the money to do enough of it for myself. Working on an SL350 Honda engine for a guy right now for some mad money. Hopefully I can get the Banshee/Raptor trade dealt with and over this weekend so I can get back to the engine for the Warrior. I will post updates for the pages when I get them up.

Back