My raptor 350...pics and mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylemm1002

Reaction score
Figured Id make myself a thread to post up my new to me raptor 350 and the mods I will do. The mods will be slow coming because Im not a hardcore rider....yet!
Going to do the basic pipe,filter, jet, oil cooler, nerf bars, handle bars/grips, skid plates and what ever else comes to mind.

I messed up my clutch cover so im waiting on a modded one from 1998warrior but I have the cooler mounted just trying to figure out the best way to run the lines, any ideas would be good!

I wanted to mount the cooler with the lines upward so the cooler will hold more oil so there is less of a 'dry start' effect when the quad has been sitting. Mounting it with the lines down would of been WAY easy but to me it seems like the cooler would drain almost all the oil out of it then when you start the quad the entire cooler must be filled before oil reaches the crank....maybe it doesnt make that much of a difference but it already mounted and im not changing it now lol. Im a little worried about how sharp the bend is in the lines at the top of the cooler but I think it will be just fine.

263ac371.jpg

9de6b1da.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

I think the cooler is 12"x5"
I wish I would of got one with fittings and used hard line because then you could make the hard turns easy with a 90* fitting

The bit of advice that I can give you for those lines is either get a bigger size that will fit over the entire length or anywhere that it may rub something put some bigger line over to protect from rubbing threw.

Ya I'm going to put something over the lines after I get it all together and check for leaks and what not. I'm probably going to use a larger size rubber hose around the hard bends by the cooler to help keep the line straight and then use wire loom on the rest.

Looks good. I think we all mount out lines "upwards" like that. To dangerous to mount from the bottom. Have fun with the modding.

did everyone decide to do builds at the same time?

I wish I could call this a build thread! Lol. More like a slow evolution thread!

On a side note I took the carb apart today to find a 142.5 main jet. I'm not sure but it has some kind of foam air filter and the exhaust baffle removed so I'm guessing it was running lean and that's one reason it got so hot.

Going to re jet with 150(?) and install my uni filter and new plug and go from there I guess. I wanted to get an hmf slip on but that will have to wait till December or so.

So 150 main sound about right? I do plan on drilling about 4 to 8 1" holes in the air box

Last edited:
Well I finally got around to looking at the air filter set up and I thinkim going to change it up a little bit. I already bought the uni filter for the stock set up so I'm stuck with but I think I'm going to buy the plastic adaptor for a clamp on filter and mod the stock intake sleeve to use the stock uni filter as a clamp on.... Make any sense? Lol

Or maybe I'll just buy a k&n with the adaptor and be done...

Well got the carb back on. I sure hope that 150 jet is right cuz man that tittle thing is a pain! The throttle cable is the worst?

Just gotta get my clutch cover on and finish running the oil lines and hope that will be all for a while.

Did you put the oil cooler on top of all the electronics under the hood or did you relocate? Im wanting to put one there but im afraid of the extra heat.

I have an extra uni clamp on filter that i got from deadlast, its used and needs cleaned up but i would make you a good deal on it if your interested.

I took the voltage regulator looking thing off and mounted it using the same hardware just upside down for more clearance for the cooler.

Pm me a price for that clamp on! Then I just need that little plastic adaptor right?

now im thinking that just getting the kn with the adaptor plate for $50 is the way to go.

How does kn compare with the uni? Seems like the k&n would be more flow but maybe more dirt too?

Back