Got my ass kicked on the warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonp

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guy's know this but my warrior engine is pretty much built up. 366cc JE piston, .450 mega cam, adjustable gear, duncan racing flywheel, DR bigger valve and ported head, Dyna programable ignition, RS36 flat slide carb,wrapped race exhaust, open intake off the carb k&n. 16t up front. That is basically just the engine.

Now I have raced a..
660 raptor
500 preditor
450 yfz

Getting my ass kicked in drag racing. From 5-6 bike lengths to a ton.

I mean if I would have known I think I would have tried for a conversion to say a 450 yfz engine or just go and buy one for 3500 used and just be done with it.
Anyway. It has been a fun learning and building this thing up for cheap... Just don't expect this thing to be what it is not, IMO.

Man I know what you mean Jason. I had my top end of my old engine almost the exact same as yours, and it could barely hang with a 400ex. then when i got my kawi, man what a whole new ball game. there is no comparison in power at all. when the kawi can break the tires lose in 5th gear on wet blacktop just by the touch of the throttle, thats saying something, the warrior wouldnt even think of doing that in 2nd gear. but the warrior does what it is built for, and honestly, i still have just as much fun and ride the warrior just as much as my kawi. they both get ridden equally because they each serve their own different purposes.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the built Warriors myself. The laws of diminishing returns work against it.
I like pipe/filter/appearance mods for it though.

I know when I buy a Warrior that it's great for the trails, but only to race other bikes in its class. As far as speed goes, there is always something faster, you need to decide what is fast enough for you, and what your main intentions are.

I was really tempted to buy an LTZ 450r, or KFX 450, but for the majority of my riding,, I'm in the woods, and I can't justify that kind of speed, for my kind of riding.

At least you learned something in the process.

I'm not sure if you guy's know this but my warrior engine is pretty much built up. 366cc JE piston, .450 mega cam, adjustable gear, duncan racing flywheel, DR bigger valve and ported head, Dyna programable ignition, RS36 flat slide carb,wrapped race exhaust, open intake off the carb k&n. 16t up front. That is basically just the engine.

Now I have raced a..
660 raptor
500 preditor
450 yfz

Getting my ass kicked in drag racing. From 5-6 bike lengths to a ton.

I mean if I would have known I think I would have tried for a conversion to say a 450 yfz engine or just go and buy one for 3500 used and just be done with it.
Anyway. It has been a fun learning and building this thing up for cheap... Just don't expect this thing to be what it is not, IMO.
just let me know and we will make that bad boy a hybrid for you jason then you will beat all of them guys from 5-6 bike lengths .... what was the best race with the raptor

just let me know and we will make that bad boy a hybrid for you jason then you will beat all of them guys from 5-6 bike lengths .... what was the best race with the raptor

The closest race was with the raptor. Basically he was slightly pulling away the whole time.. Had like 4-6 bikes by the time we got 300 yards. My warrior riding both of the bikes, feels faster. I think because the power has more hit where the raptor just has power everywhere so it feels slower or how it comes on. Much smoother.
The other two fourwheelers riding them it's just like a whole nother leage of power. 450 could ride a wheely in 4th if you wanted to and not really even trying. Over rev power out the ass.

I wonder how much an engine is....

Your running 13/40 on yours right jason? If so that's way to low geared

16t up front dude with 20's. I've tried everything from 13-16t front and 15t works the best imo for my setup.

forgot to add msd coil and no electrode spark plug(like that does anything anyway)

The closest race was with the raptor. Basically he was slightly pulling away the whole time.. Had like 4-6 bikes by the time we got 300 yards. My warrior riding both of the bikes, feels faster. I think because the power has more hit where the raptor just has power everywhere so it feels slower or how it comes on. Much smoother.
The other two fourwheelers riding them it's just like a whole nother leage of power. 450 could ride a wheely in 4th if you wanted to and not really even trying. Over rev power out the ass.

I wonder how much an engine is....
you can get a bike for like 1200 most of the time and you will smoke that 450

Yeah should have went that way. I'll have to start looking for a bike engine. That could be cool. It would be fun to see some pictures of your build.. E-mail them to me [email protected]

And sedn them to me too, [email protected]. I want bracket pics. I'd love to post them up on here and you give the play by play on how to do the swap. Its something I really think I'll eventually do to my quad. I might even be able to get another 426f here soon!! :tup:

And sedn them to me too, [email protected]. I want bracket pics. I'd love to post them up on here and you give the play by play on how to do the swap. Its something I really think I'll eventually do to my quad. I might even be able to get another 426f here soon!! :tup:
its my pc that will not let me upload pics i could take a bunch of pics and send the sd card to one of you are i will try on my sisters laptop and see if it will let me .... i would love to see more quads like this out there i love to ride this quad more then any other quad i have had it is a blast and is a real fun ride

Yeah should have went that way. I'll have to start looking for a bike engine. That could be cool. It would be fun to see some pictures of your build.. E-mail them to me [email protected]
and i dont have pics from the build my buddy did it for me and i was not in town the weekend he did it but i can take pics of it now and show you what all he did to get it in there ..... im going to up past the dells this weekend we are going to do sum drag racing i will get sum pics of that to and show you guys how a warrior can beat a 450 and whatever wants to race

Pics wise you could send them to me on my phone and then I can upload them to photobucket. Ive contemplated this for the future of one of my quads.

Seriously. He did have some pics but they were from a phone. Small and crappy.

I haven't seen him on here in quite some time thou.

Latest posts

Back