Redoing My 2000 Warrior!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000Warrior

Reaction score
Well I took a closer look at my new to me warrior today and found the two top engine mounts to be broken. Already got new ones ordered along with a clutch cable. I'm thinking of repainting the frame, and getting new brake pads, along with some other things like maybe some new front end bushings, steering column bearing, and grips. Oh, and the rear shocks will get rebuilt. Is it really all that hard to repaint the frames and get it all back together? I think I want to paint it black, atleast the frame since less dirt will show up over time and I just like it that way. I'll have pics along the way!

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 27
Tearing them down to frame isnt that hard, just time consuming. When you do tear it down just take your time, make sure you remember where everything goes. Good looking though.

From the parts quad, literally thats all the bolts I had left. And elwoods right, stock shocks arnt rebiuldable. Im loving the banshee rear that I just put on.

The stock rear shocks not re-buildable? That's stupid! ha. We have a lot of experience with powersport toys so it shouldn't be to hard for me. I'm only 16 but I've rebuilt snowmobiles from the ground up with no problems. We buy and sell a lot also, but I wanna make this machine my own. I'm thinking the frames going to be black.

should look nice, im diggin the polaris in the background, what kidna sled you got right now

No sleds as of right now but over just this past winter we had an 06 Yamaha Apex, 1992 Indy 500 EFI, 2001 XCSP500, 2008 IQR600, and a 1998 XC600. Not all at once but throughout the winter. The Apex lasted about 5 days on the snow after we rebuilt the clutch and stuff, Indy was only bought to do some riding, my xc500 I put on 900 miles and managed to roll it only once going about fourty, the IQR lasted a while, and the 98 lasted me 400 miles before winter ended and I sold it. Just to note, my parents don't pay for any of this. We buy and sell and make our way up.

Attachments

• DSC01324.jpg
    DSC01324.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 8
Yea well my brother traded it for an 09 AC Thundercat 4x4. It was an awesome sled though!

Yea I don't know yet. Like, I want to, but I also just want to get the new engine mounts on and go ride. I still wanna do new brake pads though, since thats pretty cheap and easy. I should probably see if I even like the quad first. We had 3 400ex's over last summer and so far I loved those way more. haha, but this is the best I could do at the moment.

Well, my parts came in really fast from babbits, so I got the new clutch cable on and I still gotta get to the top engine mounts. The clutch is SOO smooth on it! I also got all four tires the same pressure that I wanted so no more side tracking and repainted the front a-arms so they don't look all rusty and ****. Next, I picked up some Pro Taper grips for 10 bucks. Now I just want to get new rear brake pads and clean the carb and I should be all set!

Back