1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
This 98 is getting redone by me and used to be Iowawarriors Quad. The frame is getting a fresh coat of yellow, the Pro Bend hand guards, and the motor out of my red and blue warrior. There could be other mods, but I cant give everything away at this point. As it sits right now heres a run down of its mods:

- +2 Lonestar A arms
- +2 Durablue Axle
- Renthal bars and pad
- DG belly skid and swinger skid
- DG Alloy Series Nerfs
-Douglas front rims with Razr tires
- race cut front fenders
- parking brake block off plate
- Big Gun Exhaust( subject to change after quads reassemble and tested)
- Spider grips
The motor going in is as sits for now:
- 10.25:1 compression piston
-cometic gaskets
-dynojeted carb
IMG_20110207_165700.jpg

IMG_20110207_165732.jpg

Last edited:
I like it to. Im hoping to get this one to Elite on a budget. As of right now Im in search of undisclosed mods at unheard of prices.

While you got it down to the frame I would gusset that bad boy and you could if you wanted to bad enough run the wiring through the frame that would b sick

the grips are spider grips new compound. best grip in the sticky stuff IMO

Thanks for reminding me, I new youd be looking for a thread for it. Gonna try to start messing with it today, its still pretty cold.

Man im jealous of them lonestar a arms haha. Very good platform to start with!:tup:

Obviously havent been able to ride yet, but just pushing it around right now I love them. The great part is I dont think Lonestar even make a arms for warriors any more( atleast as much as I could tell on their site).

beastly, Ive been thinking of the supertrap also, but the final decision will be made after its back together. Who knows I could come across a hell of a deal on a white bros. or somthing like that. If I had known I was getting this one i would have picked one of the e-series one I posted in the Deal of the day thread.

Crazy as it may seem, Im trying to pull the brake systems off together in hopes that I wont have to bleed them. Hopefully in the next couple days here, Ill get the swinger, a arms and steering stem off so I can get them cleaned up. Under 20 degrees sucks for doing this but I wanna get it going back together. Then I need to drill and tap the carrier and the swinger mount area for grease zerks, so all that will last longer. Then degreasing and sanding the surfaces to be painted. As for the wiring its already covered in yellow wire loom so that will stay, helps make it look cleaner.

Got it torn down all the way today. Cleanin up the parts and getting some ready for paint. Got a question though, I cant get the stem out of the frame at the bottom. Is there a trick to it.

IMG_20110211_152758.jpg

IMG_20110211_152818.jpg

I had that prob when i tore down my 87. I flipped the frame upside down on stands and the hole in the front gusset is perfect to get something through to hit on it a bit.

Ill have to try that again, only while not cold. lol Sanding fun is gonna begin here shortly. then hopefully get it painted this weekend. Wanna get it going back together before I lose anything, including my mind.

The only catch is if sanding doesnt go to well I can go freeze and sand blast it, but Im trying to avoid that for the extra work it can bring if I pit it to bad. Got to get the swinger in to, cause thats getting painted black. A arms still look good all around so they will stay the marbled black&silver they were factory. Frames staying yellow, motor black. So hopefully I can get moving on this. Just hope I get done cleaning the frame before the wife gets home, Its in the bath tub.....:haha: NO LIE

Shes usually fine with it as long as I clean it up. Also helps its a metal tub. I did get done washing it up. I need to give Iowawarrior some **** though, That thing was filthy. He did have an oil leak before he pulled the motor though.

I may still end up picking up that 87 warrior I found on craigslist, for parts and then part it out on here.

Latest posts

Back