• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

blaster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really. blasters require more upkeep because it's 2 stroke. it was probably just time for rings.

on the other hand if it's not jetted right it could have smoked the topend. best thing to do if you wanna check it out is take a compression tester with you. anything over 120 psi is fine. if it happens to be less it's probably close to rebuild time again.

if you get it make sure the jetting on the money and you'll have a nice little quad.

blasters ar pretty much the best 2stroke trainers ever built... pretty much fool proof lol. best way to check jetting on 2 smokes is a plug chop... google it and read :)

i wouldnt worry too much about what he did to it before he rebuilt it. i would ask what all he did during the rebuild and ask about his break in procedure. hopefully he broke it in right. if and when you do get it head over to blasterforum.com. they have info on the correct break in, and how to do the plug chop. plus all kinds of other good info...

1000 isn't an awesome deal or anything, you can probably pick up a good running one for 600 or 700 easy, i know you can here.

That '05 in Union isn't but about an hour from my house, that thing is pretty sharp.

yeah it's a good location to buy quads, i've never paid more than $600 for one and i'm on my 6th one. I buy um cheap, fix um up and have fun on them, then when i'm ready for something new I chuck um on ebay and double my money. I think I'll hold on to the one I have now though. I've put a lot of work into it and i think i'm kind of growing attached to it.

also keep in mind that most blasters came with cable operated front drum brakes and a cable operated rear disk brake. (sucks, don't work, PITA)

I bought one for $600 two days later i started a rebuild with new wiseco crank, pro-x piston and a number of other parts

most folks will get rid of thier blaster when it is on its last leg, and as for buying a rebuilt one ...I would never do that, it would be better to buy a blown up one on the cheap and go through the engine yourself.

I think in 03 they came with hydro brakes.

I traded my blaster for a wallard out warrior about 4 weeks ago.

unless you have riden one and like the darting around handling that the short wheelbase produces, or have a ton of money to extend the swinger, buy aftermarket suspension, and convert it to hydro brakes,..I wouldn't get a blaster

You can get spindles converted for disk brakes on ebay for 100 bucks. All you need then is the hubs, calipers and m/c from any banshee or warrior 1990+.

Back