the tear down and rebuild...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonS

Reaction score
so, i started the disassembly of my '99 tonight. gonna be preparing to rebuild it with a JE Pistons 366cc kit. my kit is to be delivered tomorrow afternoon and then on Wednesday i will take it along with the jug to a local performance shop for the .40 bore. should have it up and running for the break-in process this weekend if the shop has it in time and the weather permits. can't wait to get it back together because i sure hated to tear it down lol.

here are the mandatory pics:

100_0876.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0878.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0882.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_0885.jpg

100_0886.jpg

threw a couple extra pics up of my fancy ported head (lol) and my parts storage area.

btw, i think i will finally be done with this beast once i finish the engine, other than some new ITP mxr4/mxr6 19x10x9 and 20x6x10 tires.
stay tuned...:tup: :atv: :slayer: :iagree:

Last edited:
Saweet!! Your gonna love the 366. Tons of power compared to stock. Your gonna **** once you open it up for the 1st time. I wish my plastics were as nice as yours. Nice looking head btw:tup:

yeah, i hope it'll be a good change in the power dept. tired of everyone leaving me on the trails. and my plastics are pretty crappy man. i think i'm gonna get set off my buddy and flat black them and leave them uncut. tired of this look i think.

You'll be the one leaving them one the trails! What other quads ride with ya? I just cut another set of fronts for mine. They were a junk painted set im gonna do black and the cut is like dead's or dave76's cut. Figured if i get tired of getting covered in mud ill throw these on for awhile.

my cousins on their 450r's and a 250r dirtbike, a couple of predators and w/e else. i'm a decent rider imho so at least maybe i can hang a little closer lol.

haha yeah i know what u mean. few of my buddies have yfz 450's and i feel like im on a 250 or something ha. Not any more thou. Is that carb you got supposed to be a good one?

i hope this carb is better than the stocker that i have. of course, i don't have an issue with the stock carb, but this one looks cooler and it's easier to run a direct filter with it.

Nice, your on your way dude! What carb u running? Whows the new rear workin out for yah?

Yeah expensive is right. Around 500 bucks new. Ill take dibs on ur aluminum air box if you plan on selling it:iagree:

10.50:1

decided against the 12:1 because of the starter not being able to handle it very long.

no, my buddy shredded the cam in his warrior so i'm selling him my whole head. i'm putting the complete ported head that i have on it now. it has a megacycle 252x1 w/ hd springs. i'm guessing that it's either a .430 or .450 lift cam.

woooo!!

100_0896.jpg

got my je in today. was a day late due to snow. gonna take it tomorrow or friday to the shop. can't wait now, but i don't think it'll be this weekend like i thought. oh, well.

finally! i can now say that this thing is a 366. after waiting a week for the jug to be bored i picked it up this morning. gotta a few more things to button up, but it should be running sometime tomorrow.

100_0897.jpg

100_0900.jpg

100_0902.jpg

100_0903.jpg

Back