Easy handle grip removal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
I read this in a quad mag and tried it myself and its very easy and works great.

First you need a air compressor, next need a air nozzle best with a small orffice tip, second on the inside of the grip next to the controls, roll the grip back a little get the air nozzle under it and blast off.

It may take some to get it, if it has a hole in the end use your hand to close it off, air will take the least resistance. Installation is reverse of removal, put grip on bars, give it a blast of air at the same time pushing grip on, and your done.

I have done this a few times on mine, and never had to use and glues sprays, and they do not move. Make its alot easier to removal/install hand grips.

Removal--> razor knife
installation--> Chainsaw bar grease. Its slicker than explitive then let it set for a couple hours and it turns tacky

Yea that would work too. But if you need to replace bars or something and want to save your grips, this would be the better way.

Yeah Ive been doin that on my bmx bikes but the amount i tear on my grips anyways... well lets just say I got an open tab at my local cycle shop, you can actually buy the nozzle for this method though at harbor freight for like 5 bucks

I read this in a quad mag and tried it myself and its very easy and works great.

First you need a air compressor, next need a air nozzle best with a small orffice tip, second on the inside of the grip next to the controls, roll the grip back a little get the air nozzle under it and blast off.

It may take some to get it, if it has a hole in the end use your hand to close it off, air will take the least resistance. Installation is reverse of removal, put grip on bars, give it a blast of air at the same time pushing grip on, and your done.

I have done this a few times on mine, and never had to use and glues sprays, and they do not move. Make its alot easier to removal/install hand grips.
that is the best way to do it that ii have found it works real good

I was reading the other day about using hairspray to install grips. When it's wet, the grips slide on easier...after the hair spray dries, it becomes tacky enough to keep them in place.

Or get some clamp on grips like I have, they work great!!

I was reading the other day about using hairspray to install grips. When it's wet, the grips slide on easier...after the hair spray dries, it becomes tacky enough to keep them in place.
This works too. pretty much any sort of spray chemical works.... My local quad shop suggested I use brake cleaner since it sprays out a liquid and evaporates clean

Back