Tether kill... How to?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xJoey Dubsx

Reaction score
I am looking to get a Teher Kill switch, probably Pro Armor, and wondering how exactly you do it?

I've found some posts saying you do it to the Orange Wire and the ground, but not sure if you Tee it in, or if you cut it to put the one side to a wire, or what?

Help me out, and post pics if you can please.

I just spliced into my kill switch. Splice some section off of the kill wires and connet the teather wire to that, then electrical tape it all back up.

I got a quick splice connector and attached the positive wire to the wire that plugs into the ignition coil under the hood and for the ground I used a eye connector and attached it to one of the bolts that hold on the fenders

I got a quick splice connector and attached the positive wire to the wire that plugs into the ignition coil under the hood and for the ground I used a eye connector and attached it to one of the bolts that hold on the fenders

So you just basically ground that out?

Yeah, just ground the one and coil the other. All it does is cut the circuit off, like turning your key off.

Back