1st Annual YFM350.com Eastcoast - RIDE REPOR

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
HAHahhah, what a time was had! First off let me personally thank Token, 91Warrior, Mike (91warriors buddy), Jarhead007 and his buddy and especially Bassballs818. Not only did this guy trek it 6 hours across PA, he did it to arrive late on Friday into a rainy mess of a crazy backasswards place he’s never been to before. Then On Sunday he let us all pretend to be locksmiths/mechanics on his truck and tear the steering column all apart. (more on that later) Big props man! He as well as 91 and his buddy, who had a 4 hour drive, stapled the fact that if you live 6 hours or closer to Wellsville and you didn't come on the trip, your straight up an old beat down PUSSY. Turn in your man card if you make it to the next ride, you'll get it back…..maybe.

Starting things off on Friday night I couldn't get my bike running right so I gave up and decided to wrench on it on Saturday morning. Bassballs (Anthony) and Token (Chris) made it down Friday, set up camp and went out for a ride. Token had hit the ville before but Bassballs was a noob and hitiin the trails of the ville in the rain and darkness of night, Damn! bassBALLS is right. They luckily didn't die and on Saturday I finally got my bike to start so I proceeded to pack up and finally rolled out about 10:40, which is about the same time 91(Trevor) and his buddy rolled into the ville. They found camp and all went on a ride. I roll in about Noon and set up camp. Everyone is now there that is stayin the night. Dudes get back to camp, we all meet and head out. I tried to make a main loop and hit all the big go-to places but not long into it, Tokens quad starts slappin....and loud! Not wanting to risk it, he heads back to camp to get his b-day weekend drink on and stokes the fire. Rest of us head down to the river, get there and bout that time we notice 91's left front tire has got a hole in it, So back to camp we roll.

Back at camp Token is beerless. Time for a beer run. Come back.....head back out and get a good main loop in, then back to camp. I decide to let my lumberjack skills out of the bag for a bit. Dusk is soon approaching, food time. Tokens beer count now is about 1/2 case in guessin (hells yah man!! Props for not bouncing cuz your quad was beat down) We slam a few brews, eat some big ass fuggin hotdogs, and the some of the best sausages to ever grace my taste buds, compliments of Philly.

Tokens buddies hit camp, ones rockin a 450r and the other a busted ass honda three wheeler. Token rides bitch. (but gets to ride el-solo on the bad ass machine back to camp while his buddy brings his truck up) I head out with those dudes for a bit, the three wheeler breaks down, turn round to drop that off, me and 450r head out, he hits scooby a few times, we head back.

Night ride (this is where things take a turn for the shitter for me and 91) I leave my radio on for the dudes at camp (not the smartest idea since we turn an hour ride turns into a 2.5 hour mess) We head out and all is cool. Me, 91 and bassballs. (91's buddy kicks it with beer gusslin, tire burnin, fast talkin, b-day weekend partier Token) We head out and all is cool. 91 and I watch bassballs try and climb scooby. Surprisingly he makes it pretty far both times, but second time while coming down, he dumps the bike, it rolls about three times and plants. Ouch! Luckly, all that breaks is the clutch lever but it leaves enough for use still. We hit some trails and then my bike decides to die. We'll ****, we forgot to pack a tow strap. It's pitch black and only I really know where were at so. I hop on 91's bike (mind you he rides with no rear brakes and a twist throttle). I book it to freezone fast as I can, swipe a tow strap from someone and head back up to the guys who tough it out in the pitch black wilderness. We strap up my bike, get it tugged and eventually I get it to start but it is barely running, Idle is out of the question. On our way back up to camp 91 nails a big ass log or something and bends his rim beyond rideable condition. He is now stranded. He was kinda close to an area were we could get in with a truck. Bassballs and I head back to camp to get a truck to pick his bike up. We make it almost there, my quad dies again. Jeep tugs me through a deep ass mud bog. (same mud bog I watch a chick bite it on a Suzuki 125 d-bike earlier in the day. It was quite funny.) I get through that, Bassballs climbs over round the side. We tow back up and I manage to get my quad started again. We finally make it back to camp. Get a truck and go pick up 91. Tokens beer count is about a case by now. My battery is dead on my truck.

Back at camp and safe by the fire. Me Bassballs and Token, who now is workin on my beer, his b-day case is done for, sit fireside and find out that Token is probably the only person to have a Honda motor in this old ass Ford Ranger, he used a fulcrum to get it in there. HAHAHHAhhah. Bed.

Sunday Morning. 91 wrenches on his rim. Leakin in two spots. No ride for him. Wrench on my bike, weak ass spark, won’t start. No ride for me. Tokens bike has been loaded on the trailer since Saturday afternoon. No ride for him. 91s buddy and Bassballs still got workin bikes. Bassballs carrier bearings are shot but it still rideable. Two outta five is the bike count now. Jarhead007 and his friend show up. We’re all pretty much useless, sleep deprived, cold, muddy and beatdown by the spirt of the ville but I assure you, all still in a good mood. I hand Jarhead a map and kinda give him some pointers. They head out and we start to pack up camp. I now need to get my truck tugged outta the weeds so I can get a jump. Bassballs truck key won’t turn. WTF!!! A bare ass steering column, many cuss words, about an hour into it with good moods starting to fade, Anthony grabs a pair of pliers, grips the key cylinder and rips it. POP! Well **** its really broke now, nope. Truck starts! Finish packing up. Say our good byes and part ways.

Few things I learned from the trip.
- Yes a radio will kill a battery if you leave it on long enough.
- Ridin no brakes and a twist throttle in the rocky ass terrain of Wellsville is nuts.
- Token likes to talk. A LOT. Hahhah Happy B-Day yah old man.
- Always pack a tow strap or make sure some else packed one when you head out.
- Philly knows how to make a mean Polish Sausage.
- Dudes on this site are really really cool guys!

SO till next time. And Next time I want to see more of us, no excuses this time! And next time I promise to show everyone more of the wonder of a riding spot that is the ville, awesome stories just come with it, its sorta a package deal.

PA100043.jpg

PA100045.jpg

PA100049.jpg

PA100052.jpg

PA100053.jpg

PA100050.jpg

PA110055.jpg

PA110056.jpg

PA100046.jpg

1st Annual YFM350.com Eastcoast Ride Report

YFM350 2010 the return to wellsville...

yeah im gonna get some of my buddies around for the 2010 adventure... we'll see if we cant show token whats up when i comes to beer drinkin...

dont sing it ,,,,bring it. :D

im getting off subject but, i hope you like apricot brandy! hahaha

bomber315 said:
im getting off subject but, i hope you like apricot brandy! hahaha

whatever man its on

great review there deadlast! i was laughin the entire time i read it. even though must of us broke, it was a great time and im am looking forward to next time.

Jarhead, i wish we all could have rode with you. if saturday wouldnt have taken most of us out of comission, we would have been riding. it was great meeting you regardless.

as for the rest of you that came, it was great meeting all of you! a great time it was. bassballs, you will have to let us know how your truck key switch is coming, token let us know when you get that engine apart, and deadlast let us know when you get that thing fired back up.

as for me, i think i squared out the best out of all the others that broke down for all i need is a rim. but this will be a time i wont forget and look back laughing

well glad yall had fun wish i could go but i live WAY to far away :(

Looks like a damn good time, wish I could have made it. I'll do whatever I can to make it to the next one. I think I have all the problems with my truck sorted out finally.

yeah for whoever had the ram.....sorry i couldn't help much, I'm deadlast's lil brother....The one he called to search out info on the internet....it looks like you all had a good time and i plan on coming next year even though i have my 450r because that place is a blast and it wont be around forever!

hahaha i didnt read the ride report before i said my last message but jesus.....it sounds like a mess.....yall need to start carring two way radios with you......its a wellsville must!

teamexileracing said:
...and it wont be around forever!

oh no, is it closing? when? why"?!?

Wellsville will be there for a while. There has been rumors of it closing for years. They actually started to clear it out earlier this year (the hillside in freezone actually had a ton of tree coverage not to long ago) but everything has been delayed. The Gov't wants to put in a Clean Coal Liquidation plant on the land. They already have the plans drawn up and everything. As of a couple months ago the latest word was that they took the funding and moved it elsewhere and put the while build on hold! Great news for us riders.

All is well that ends well. For some wierd ass reason my truck is totally fine and all the parts went back perfect(thanx to the gental handed disassemblers). That **** was real scary for a minute. As for the bike i guess you'se weren't the only guys with problems. After washing it i see that i need new handle bars, brakes for the down hill riding(squeeeaakk), bearings and random stuff. All in all........ i will be attending in the spring and bringing people with, Maybe even for like four days and three nights. ITS ON.

Lol heck ya ^ have you ever ben to little Sahara

if anyone wants to show up the two dorks in photo #8 will be back at wellsville this sunday.. (unless the weather is really bad)

man i would love to go riding with you jarhead, but i still havent gotten a rim yet (i have some old rims at home that will work, but the tires i was using were not mine so really i need front tires). i will be going home next weekend so hopefully i can get her back to riding conditions again lol.

Still need to get a new stator or I'd go.

Back