Plastic painting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mittenz

Reaction score
Hi i want to know if any one here have painted his fenders. I want to know what kind of paint you have used and if i hold good on your plastic fender ?

If someone have a tutorial or somting ?

mittenz said:
Hi i want to know if any one here have painted his fenders. I want to know what kind of paint you have used and if i hold good on your plastic fender ?

If someone have a tutorial or somting ?

make sure you prep the plastics by washing and sanding with a fine grit paper, do light coats with krylon fusion paint for plastic. Just beware if the plastics flex too much the paint will flake off... Same if you do a lot of trail riding. And power washers will blow the paint right off...

I did m a buddies plastics in Rustolem black and they held up just fine, even powerwashed the thing, there was some scrapes here and there but nothing major. I wouldn't suggest doing the tank cover though, any gas on the paint and its sure to bubble up and smudge off.

if you wear riding boots, the paint will come off the rear fenders in the first ride where ever the back of your boot touches. deffly use krylon fusion. dont go crazy with coats cause itll make the paint hard and will crack easier. stick with the same color as the fenders.

one thing you should do if you want to use some fancy colors that krylon fusion doesnt offer. use an adhesion promoter after your initial prep work. this way you can use any paint you want. since all paint (exept krylon fusion) is made to be used on metal it will flake and chip within the first season of riding. you can find a spray can of adhesion promoter in any auto paint place. i have used Bulldog Adhesion Promoter with very good success.

Back