Deadlasts (Neverending) Rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadLastRacing

Reaction score
SO im starting the rebuild and I want to up the anty in the engine department......ust need to know what to buy. I know JasonP and Dave are good in this department, but other Im sure know there stuff too. Anyways, I plan on getting it board +.040. Now I need to know specifics, part number, makes and what have you. What should I buy for it. Piston, Cam, Springs? Other than the bore I plan on doing it all myself. I'm kinda a noob in the engine rebuild area.

Ill be running a new edle carb on it so thats outta they way.

Thanks.

Deadlasts Rebuild 09.......DONE!!!!!!

JasonP did do a post in this General Board section under "Let"s Start An Engine Build." There some good reading in that. Dave and Griff have some good points on it as well.
Good Luck.

From what Ive red on here the web cam 88. grind number is one of the best. and from what ive been reading the KibbleWhite Springs are pretty good. Thats just my 2 cents... Also I put the 12.1 JE piston in mine, and ive had no issuse yet with it pinging on 93 octane also... made a nice difference in power also

Hey Dead quick question. I know you love your Warrior, and don't get me wrong I truly enjoy riding mine, but if I were to ever total mine like I did yours I'd either buy another or buy something with a little newer technology like a 400 or 450. Have you gave much thought about doing that?

Yeah I have but I really do LOVE the warrior....I'm kinda a nut like that. I'm a keep the first of what I get, type of person. Still have my first car (91 jeep wrangler I plan on making a mudder/crawler some day) Cruse in my 01 RAM 2500 now. And after pimpin out the warrior I can keep that and pass it down to the kids or what have you, and buy something else later. I have my eyes set on a YFZ450 somewhere down the line. I also like to mod stuff so buying an new quad is more than just buying an new "quad".

Also having something that no one else around has is a cool factor. Its dedication. And secretly, I'm really recreating my lil bros warrior (teamexile) that was the first quad I fell In love with. Now whan I'm done it will be mine and better.

Plus in my eyes, the warrior is the perfect quad.....durable, has ton of aftermarket parts, can find stuff for them on the cheap and i like the the they sit and feel. Its comfortable for me. I'm also the type of rider that docent need to be the fastest.....I just like to have fun. Plus I enjoy reading and contributing to this forum. thats why I don't want to see it die off.

This all makes sence to me but yes you and my lil bro and friends think I'm a nut. Truthfully all the stuff I have done to my quad hasn't really dampened my bank to much.....got the quad for free, put about 1000+ into it before the wreck and thus far have spent about 600 to get it going again and making it 110% even better. I look for deals.

Rebuild starting!.....(look how mangled that frame is, yeah that was a pretty bad crash!)
P2150009.jpg

P2150011.jpg

P2150013.jpg

P2150016.jpg

New Frame
P2150020.jpg

New parts!
P2210010.jpg

P2210012.jpg

P2210011.jpg

I feel your passion deadlast, and can't wait to see it go back together. I alway looked forward to reading and watching Teamexile do his rebuild. I just wish this forum would have got his Warrior in the "Gone but not Forgotten " section.

stripped out....
P2220003.jpg

Starting the sandblasting of the new frame.

That's a fubared frame if I ever saw one. Makes the bent frame I had look good...

deadlastracing said:
SO im starting the rebuild and I want to up the anty in the engine department......ust need to know what to buy. I know JasonP and Dave are good in this department, but other Im sure know there stuff too. Anyways, I plan on getting it board +.040. Now I need to know specifics, part number, makes and what have you. What should I buy for it. Piston, Cam, Springs? Other than the bore I plan on doing it all myself. I'm kinda a noob in the engine rebuild area.

Ill be running a new edle carb on it so thats outta they way.

Thanks.

I've run both the "midrange"(grind# 88) and "racing" (grind #84) cam from Web Cam and find that they both add great muscle to the engine, the 88 is an overall improvement while the 84 is a huge gain on top with a bit of loss in the lower end. That said, I trail ride and ride the pits and such with the #84 for the top end power for the steep nasty hill climbs around here.
For valve spings I'd recommend the Kibblewhite kit, I've never had any problems.
When it comes to the piston I run a Wiseco 10.25:1 piston, its lighter and the JE and the stock piston making it rev up faster while adding compression compared to the OEM piston.

Think I'm going JE 11:1, 85mm bore, Poweroll .430 cam and kibble HD springs? If all works out that will be the set up.

deadlastracing said:
Think I'm going JE 11:1, 85mm bore, Poweroll .430 cam and kibble HD springs? If all works out that will be the set up.

Sounds pretty solid, the powroll .430 is quite similar to the Webcam #84 (it also has .430 lift). It should rip pretty good.

Not knocking your desire, trust me I gave mine too. It's just that a grand here, $600 there, not to mention everything else you're going to have to buy will start to add up quick. By the time it's all said and done that YFZ you're eyeing could have been yours. Hell for the right price I'll sell you mine. The wife doesn't ride it and all it's doing is setting around collecting dust...LOL If you're ever out in NC stop by for a look see...

hahahh yeah, I get your point man. I also a person that has money and ti burns a whole in my pocket.......
Yeah I could of gotten a YFZ, if i was able to save all the money.

Hey if it's burning a whole that bad go ahead and send some my way...LOL

hahahahah, can't, spent it all on my warrior!

deadlastracing said:
hahahh yeah, I get your point man. I also a person that has money and ti burns a whole in my pocket.......
Yeah I could of gotten a YFZ, if i was able to save all the money.

2 Words

Asbestos Underwear ;D

You guys know, I am with deadlast on this one.... I own a yfz, sure it is a bad ass bike and warrior does not compare..... however, nothin like the look on someones face when you flat smoke their ass on their 400ex, z400, whatever and your on a "turd" warrior, its worth it just for that... I parted most of mine out, however am gonna build it back up when the time is right, sure may have 5000 in a warrior but its a bad ass warrior that I built and can have pride in it......... my yfz everyone knows is fast and whats the point? everyone has a bad ass YFZ.....

Stopped up to summit today after work and workout. $92 later......all the parts for my oil cooler!
P3090010.jpg

Back