where to drill the case for a oil cooler?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just bored out my 00' warrior and now it runs extremely hot! where am i supposed to drill the holes to install a oil cooler? i aint got no idea and i dont want to screw it up some one please help!

Did you switch to a high compression piston? Just a bore should make it run "extrememly hot" unless there's an underlying problem, like you're jetted too lean or are running lower octane fuel than needed.

i bored it .030 put on a slip on exhaust and a stage 2 jet kit. i was kinda wondering if i should have put a stage 3?

thanks deadlastracing ive been trying to find something like that. it gives me a good idea of what i have to do

franslawlessride said:
i bored it .030 put on a slip on exhaust and a stage 2 jet kit. i was kinda wondering if i should have put a stage 3?

The jetting "stages" are just a thing dynojet made up to make a simple jet kit sound like more than it is. But installing the kit to dynojet's "stage 2" specs shouldn't be too lean. What are you running for an air filter? Stock or aftermarket? Lid, cut lid, or no lid?

The compression of the new piston will have a much greater effect on the way the machine runs than the actual bore size. A larger bore will actually not affect the jetting in theory, as it will pull in more fuel with the extra air volume. But if it's an aftermarket piston, which it most likely is, it will probably be higher compression than stock. Most of the high compression pistons won't run right without at least premium fuel, the higher compression will make them run hotter and more susceptible to pre-ignition (detonation).

i am running at the moment a stock filter with no lid and i always run premium fuel. as for the piston it is a aftermarket piston but i cant remember off the top of my head what it is.

Well check out what compression that piston is. If it's a 12:1 it's probably not going to run right on pump gas.

Stock filter with no lid? I assume you have something rigged up to keep the filter in place?

Back