600 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn thing sounds mean...Very nice..I noticed the Simple Green in the first picture. I Love that ****.

Came up with the idea when the warrior engine was broken down for one of the hundred times, had it for about 4 years and it ran about 2 of those. So I was going to replace it with just a big bore quad engine (ie raptor or predator etc), but those are over a grand to buy on ebay, and happened to come across some bike engines for sub $1000, some well under 1000, and I figured it couldnt be too hard to make it work.

The engine fit in the frame without even touching it at first, which was pretty amazing. Problem was for me to hang the engine on the swingarm bolt (which is how it works on the bike) I had to build a custom swingarm like you can notice in the last two pics. Those front engine mounts were also a pain, took about a day a piece.

The oilpan was also a major problem, in the videos I hadnt modified it yet, and came down from a small wheelie and cranked the pan, luckily didnt break it. Was just going to cut 3" off it, but the sump at that point wouldve been sitting in there on an angle, so I had to widen the pan about 1.5" at that point so I could just bring the sump straight down.

All in all it hasnt been too bad, just a lot of minor things that had to get modified, ie rear brake master/pedal, fuel tank, shifter, airbox.

Ive been working on it in school for about 3 weeks total, at about 6hrs total a day, so if I was able to work on it nonstop for 8 hours a day I wouldve only taken ~2weeks. And the best part is, it has probably cost me less than $2000 to make the engine work, I have however spent more than that on stuff like shocks and new bearings everywhere, etc.

Ill have it done this week though, and hopefully the elkas will get here this week so Ill get some better videos up for ya, those kindof sucked, and I never even went past 12k and never made it out of 2nd gear.

Im most likely going to be selling this when I completely finished with it, when its done it will be equipped with everything in all those pictures and:

ITP T-9s and Holeshot XC/T 23/7/10 and 22x11x9
Elka custom long travel front shocks triple rates
Resprung/valved stock rear shock
Plastics will all be painted black
Frame (swingarm/aarms) will be satin black
Those are +3 long travel arms up front
+4 swingarm with modified carrier housing
DID sealed oring gold chain

Few other things cant remember. Anyway what would anybody be interested in paying for something like this. For me to sell it Im going to need an offer of at least $6500.

As you can see everything modified was done right, and 100 times better than stock. The frame is 200% stronger than stock. Im hoping it will MX almost as good as a stock bike would (just ungodly quicker), it only weighed in at 420lbs dry which is only 20lbs more than the warriors "CLAIMED" stock dry weight.

I can tell you that in those videos I never left 2nd gear while getting on it, and never exceeded 12k rpms (15500 redline), and it was scary!! Now before you say thats relative, I also drive a 500+hp z28 camaro so usually there isnt much that scares me. This thing is just retarded fast, Honda rates the 600RR at 110hp, and its geared down from the bike, with the 20" tires I have on it now, on paper it will do ~135, and I have a few sprockets for it to change that around.

The "elite" are the best quads on the site. Check em out at or near the top of the forums. Yours definitely needs to be there!

Jesus Christ! That's baaaad. I'm looking to build a Banshee from scratch (that's how I made my Warrior). I've seen an R6 motor and and R1 motor here in the Austin, TX area for a decent price. Do you have a machine shop, or can you tell me how you did the mods on the sump pan and all that? How did you make the throttle cables match up (since the 600 is a 4 cyl)?

The "elite" are the best quads on the site. Check em out at or near the top of the forums. Yours definitely needs to be there!

Oh, well not yet, its not even a quad yet, just got the engine back running today, waiting on building the last upper aarm and the elkas to set it back on the ground and ride.

Jesus Christ! That's baaaad. I'm looking to build a Banshee from scratch (that's how I made my Warrior). I've seen an R6 motor and and R1 motor here in the Austin, TX area for a decent price. Do you have a machine shop, or can you tell me how you did the mods on the sump pan and all that? How did you make the throttle cables match up (since the 600 is a 4 cyl)?

The oilpan I just had to kind of make up as I went along, not knowing what was in there. I just cut off the lower 3" of the pan, but that ended up with the sump on about a 45* angle with the bottom of the pan because of the positioning of the sump inlet. Which meant I had to widen the pan about 1.5" so the sump would just come straight down, used some 20ga aluminum to widen, and 1/4" aluminum for the new bottom, and also threw in some trap doors for safety.

I dont have a machine shop, we do have a mill and a lathe here at school that I use, but neither of those were required for the oilpan, just most of the suspension required those machinetools.

Throttle was no problem, just used the twist throttle off the 600rr, along with the clutch lever/cable. You might be able to use a thumb throttle, but the twist on a 600rr is a push pull system (2 cables) so it might be tricky.

Id be willing to help you in any way I could, but I just winged it with this being a one-off project, I had a list of things I thought Id have to do about a half a page long, and that turned into about 2 pages of things I ended up having to do unforseen.

it sounds like you need to crack some heads and get that thing in the elite section cuz that would smoke n/e one on this site....

Latest posts

Back