Does the YFZ shifter work?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2tall

Reaction score
I am looking for a no link shifter, and was told that the YFZ shifter will work. I know the 400EX one will work after being shortened. My buddy has an extra shifter off his YFZ that I could have, so if it will work, it would help greatly. Thanks in advance.

Well if you can just have it then take it and try it out. If it doesnt work ebay it. Let us all know how it turns out.

I can just have it, yes, but the wheeler won't be back together for a couple of months. If the shift shaft is the same, I'll take it, but if it won't work, then I'll let him sell it. I don't have the motor here, it's at my house. Haven't been home in some time, and won't make it anytime soon, so I need to know without trying it.

The YFZ shifter will not work well, The bend is a little off and it is too long. If you got the stocker from the YFZ you could probably rebend it and shorten it to work but that would be a lot of bother and if it is billet forget about it. I had a buddy machine me a one-off billet one for mine.
If you look around on this site, there are a couple of good guys that make shifters and a resonable price.

Hope this helps.
John

Back