air box thinggy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
there is a bag like plastic thinggy on the bottom of the air box on the outside

what does it do?
does it drain watter out of the box?
is it used so u clan clean it out?

whats up?

Yes it is used to drain water. And in my case gasoline a few times also. Note to self: turn gas off when standing quad up to clean. Its very easy to take off and put back on. Just remember to put it back on.

I doubt you would tell much of a difference at all, since the hole isn't all that big. I sould suggest keeping it on the quad, so it doesn't suck something up into the air box. ie: water.

i know i was in one of those special stages lol u kno (no offence)

would it be ok to run no airbox cover if i have a precharger,clean it often and have a jet kit

You'd have to buy a new air filter with adapter. If you haven't ever taken your air box lid off then take it off you'll see what I am talking about. The top of the air box hold the air filter in place. I rather poor design as the filter can still move around.

But to answer your questions you can buy the pro flow K&N air filter kit about anywhere with the adapter..http://www.magicracing.com I think has it. Be sure to order the outerwears for the air filter. It fits over the filter and you can ride in any condition w/o the lid and not have to worry. DeathShadow made a video before of him taking his outerwears and filling it up with water and not even a drop came out.

there is a bag like plastic thinggy on the bottom of the air box on the outside

what does it do?
does it drain watter out of the box?
is it used so u clan clean it out?

whats up?

Take the plastic thingy off and chuck it!

yea that plastic thing fell off mine i run mine without it on there... nothin ever gets ion from that hole

what if im crossin a creek at engine block height it will just drain right back out

but ill wait until it falls off it think depends on what my dad thinks about it

well either way going through water u get water in your box. All the thing does is keep water in tell you let it out - I chucked the stupid thing so the water just drains on its own it really makes no dif.

Back