any suggestions b4 cam install??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
I plan on putting in my new duncan racing .450 billet cam with R/D springs this weekend and was wondering if there are any suggestions or any comments on problems i may run in to. Instructions seem pretty straight fwd but i thought id just check. hopefully i have it all dialed back in b4 i have to come back to school sunday night so i can test it out.

Well just make sure you know where all the bolts go cause the head bolts are different lengths, and make sure your timing chain doesnt fall into the motor...LOL. but if you just take your time and follow step by step you should be ok. And adjust the valves after you install it and then ride it for like a half hour or something like that to let it seet, and then adjust the valves again to spec(idk what it is for that cam). Good Luck!

Use loctite, on the cam bolt, (unless it says not too) and on the valve tappets, with a high lift cam it puts alot more stress on the valve tappets and they can come loose alot easier.

put a crap load of cam grease on it before installing too...this will help with the break in

good suggestions guys, i couldnt get the springs out at home this weekend so im going to see about a compresser today in the my mechanical power systems class and if they dont have anything its off to the yamaha dealer. I think i may also have to buy a new exhaust valve as the top of the stem is domed inward instead of being flat on the top. the adjusting bolt is the same way so i may have to buy that also. does anyone know if these need replaced???

well i got my springs out in class, the cam bearing pressed on, but then the end of my valve stem was all mushroomed out so i ordered a kibblewhite stainless valve that should be here next week and then ill put it all together and hopefully throw it all back on the weekend after this coming.

Back