Stators?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sexy99warrior

Reaction score
My stator was one of the main things i had to replace when i first got my quad in order for it to run. But now I need a stator Again. I think its because i bought the one i have now off ebay, and didnt have the $$ for a new one. Well i have $$ now. i want to ask you if the Ricky Stators are any good? Heres a link to it. Thanks guys.

http://www.rickystator.com/pages/Yamaha_Warrior_stator.html

As a manufacturer you can’t really **** up stators they are a very simple device and I see these all over I am sure they are good.

Not to hijack this thread, but it seems he got his answer.
So I have a question:

What does the stator do??

no its not hijacking my thread....i dont care lol you could post whatever you want.

Dumb noob question here :)

If this works roughly the same as your alternator.... is this what is commonly referred to as the magneto? Basically the electrical the keeps everything running... and runs your lights etc?

im sorry i got into this thread late but i had a ricky stator and it burnt right up. i talked to my buddy whos a motocross/atv mechanic and he said that the only thing ricky stators are good for is blowing stuff up and pissing people off. and hes been a mechanic on these for a long time. i hiope you have better luck

Dumb noob question here :)

If this works roughly the same as your alternator.... is this what is commonly referred to as the magneto? Basically the electrical the keeps everything running... and runs your lights etc?

Nope the actual power is produced at your feet. The magnet at the flywheel creates the juice. The stator just smooths out the output and stores/sends the rest to the batt./ cdi.

im sorry i got into this thread late but i had a ricky stator and it burnt right up. i talked to my buddy whos a motocross/atv mechanic and he said that the only thing ricky stators are good for is blowing stuff up and pissing people off. and hes been a mechanic on these for a long time. i hiope you have better luck

**** i hope io have better luck too..haha

Latest posts

Back