Wheel Spacers

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
I was wondering about witch wheel Spacers are better.
I found the Aluminum ones from Rockymountain that are 30mm front and 45mm rear and also the Dura Blue ones that are 1.5" front and 2.5" rear so the Dura Blue ones make the stands wider.
But is wider better? I have no idea.

I just like the look of a wider raptor, looks more aggressive. ;D

Does anyone have any pics of there wider atv's.

Thanks in advance guys

Wheel spacers do about the same thing as flipping the stock wheels. You get more width, which means better stability and cornering. On the downside, front wheel spacers increase your turning radius, and soften up the suspension. I flipped the stock wheels on my warrior and I think it's worth it for the extra width. I would trust flipping the stock wheels more than I would trust wheel spacers, since you have twice as many bolts per wheel that could loosen up or break with the spacers.

Here's a pic of a stock warrior:
stock%20warrior.jpg

And my warrior with the wheels flipped:
head%20on_t2005_10_11_18_8_11_q75_f8_600x450.jpg

It's not a HUGE difference but it helps

I'm ordering some stuff for my 2006 Raptor 350 SE that will be arriving at the end of this month (FINALLY). But I like the look of the wider raptors, Problem is that I only have seen the spacers on a 660 never on a 350 here on the Island.
I don't know witch spacers would be strong ones or week ones that is why I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them.
The riding that I will be doing will be mostly onroad and some offroad.

Thanks guys

YamaRider, did you have to modify the valve stem in order to flip the rims? Thanks.

Yeah I had to put the original valve stems in the rim backwards, with the valve inside the rim, and I drilled a new hole on the other side of the rim for the new valve stems.

I'm ordering some stuff for my 2006 Raptor 350 SE that will be arriving at the end of this month (FINALLY). But I like the look of the wider raptors, Problem is that I only have seen the spacers on a 660 never on a 350 here on the Island.
I don't know witch spacers would be strong ones or week ones that is why I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them.
The riding that I will be doing will be mostly onroad and some offroad.

Thanks guys

If you're hellbent on spacers instead of flipping the wheels, I would go with durablue spacers. I don't know much about the other brands that make wheel spacers, but durablue has a good reputation for quality and strength. I don't think wheel spacers offer any advantage over flipping the wheels and relocating the valve stem, except installation is quicker and easier.

Can you flip the front and rear wheels on a Rap350? Any advantage to just doing the fronts or rears only?

Can you flip the front and rear wheels on a Rap350? Any advantage to just doing the fronts or rears only?
Pretty much any Yamaha sport quad can be widened by flipping the wheels, including the rappy 350. I don't see a point in doing just the front or just the rear, in most cases it will make the cornering more unstable than widening both the front and the rear. It's defiinitely worth the time it takes to relocate the valve stem and flip the wheels, and it does the same thing as over $100 worth of wheel spacers.

another question regarding wheel spacers.. i am thinking about getting them .. now i figured the its gonna make my suspension a littler weeker but im a small guy (125 lbs lol) so i could always tigten up my fronts right? those are adjustable right?? the back is i know that but my suspension is at stock preload and i hit some big jumps and dont bottom out... but my question is if i get 2.5" wheel spacers it will widen the wheel base by 2.5 in on each side right?... will that be to much sence im olny 125 lbs ill just tighten my fronts up a little bit.. and i should be good or is that going to wide? i ride trails and im looking in to racing

Why would you have to take the wheels off? you just screw on the adapter,put in air ,unscrew adapter,seems pretty simple to me.

if you flip the wheel the valve stem will be on the inside of the wheel, which is covered by a metal brush guard that protects the brakes. Unless you remove the brush guard, and take a risk of something getting jammed in between the wheel and the brake caliper you can't access the valve stem

another question regarding wheel spacers.. i am thinking about getting them .. now i figured the its gonna make my suspension a littler weeker but im a small guy (125 lbs lol) so i could always tigten up my fronts right? those are adjustable right?? the back is i know that but my suspension is at stock preload and i hit some big jumps and dont bottom out... but my question is if i get 2.5" wheel spacers it will widen the wheel base by 2.5 in on each side right?... will that be to much sence im olny 125 lbs ill just tighten my fronts up a little bit.. and i should be good or is that going to wide? i ride trails and im looking in to racing

I think you would be fine, My warrior is about 4 inches wider from flipping the wheels, I weigh 185 and the stock shocks work good enough for me. Most of the time I have the preload on the fronts set on 3, but when I go up to rausch creek I stiffen them up to 5 to take the bigger jumps.

Back