Brake Leak

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
Dammit! I am leaking brake fluid from behind this boot on the rear caliper.

What gives?

BrakeLeak.JPG

i would just can that entire assembly and get the e brake block off kit. it will eliminate that boot area and be less troublesome in the long run

Your caliper piston seals are shot. Thats what hapened to mine, Do you still ahve good brake pressure? I lost everything when mine went.

i would just can that entire assembly and get the e brake block off kit. it will eliminate that boot area and be less troublesome in the long run

What is the purpose of the brake block off?

Your caliper piston seals are shot. Thats what hapened to mine, Do you still ahve good brake pressure? I lost everything when mine went.

I have Zilch for pressure

the e brake on warriors has been know to wig out and mess up your bike. like not let it start and not accelerating and randonm dieing. ask death about it he knows more abour t it

Yes when the sensor for the parking break gets stuck, broken, or otherwise damaged it induces and sets a 2,000 RPM rev limit for the bike. Also the parking break needs to be constantly adjusted to stop the damn thing from eating up your pads. Then last but not least I wouldn’t even trust the damn parking break to hold my expensive machine in place so it's pretty much pointless... Now if that is leaking due to bad seals (calipers do need to be re-built with rebuild kits on an as needed basis) or due to something else (dry-rot, parking break, caliper damage, w/e) I can’t answer that with out looking at it. However the E-brake block off plate with an O-Ring (8 bucks) is a wise investment! It is a 10min two bolt install and you lose that annoying thing forever. Then if you are transporting your bike you ziptie, tape, or bungee the front break lever in to keep the quad in place (never transport a quad in gear!!!), ratchet strap it down as you always wood, and it works just the same but better! I would start with the block-off plate (you should get one either way) that is one of the more common solutions to all calipers leaking in that location (even on Hondas and other bikes not just your Warrior/Raptor 350).

o well **** i guess next trip im going to park tjhem in nuetral and hope like hell i dont have a strap come loose or something. o well i guess if i do ive got insurance

Well, we took her back where we got her, because it is still under warranty (this will be the one and only time they work on it after the oil level issue).

They are rebuilding the caliper, then I am putting a block off on it, as you guys suggested.

In the meantime we're getting a White Brothers E-Series, a Dial-a-Jet, and a new powder coated bumper on order.

Christmas comes early!!

:-*and most of those carly christmas presents are form me so you have some @$$ kissen :-* to do

:-*lol pucker up :-*

::)I love my dad :'(

Back