installing pro flow kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awsomeaussie

Reaction score
i have a pro flow kit with a foam filter and i am going to install it today after school. ive heard you should put silicone on the back iof the adapter for a beeter seal should I. also do i oil the inner filter and the outer filter or just the inner. i was thinking about doing that and then putting an outer ware on it. any other things i need to do to my air box to accomodate it. and what filter oil should i be using. ive got pj1 cleaner and oil and ive used that on everything else. so any help would be great

I'm not sure if the pro flow kit has an o-ring on the back. If it has an o-ring you shouldn't have to put sealant on it. If there is no o-ring then some sealant would be a good idea. Both parts of the filter need to be oiled for it to work right, but any kind of foam filter oil should work fine. If the PJ1 is for foam filters than it's fine, just don't use oil for k&n style filters. Are you going to run it with the lid on or off? You should at least remove the snorkel, but I would remove the entire lid if you don't ride in water. If you remove the snorkel or lid you will need to get a breather filter, which I got for ten dollars at Advance Auto Parts. That keeps **** from going down the tube into the motor.

coolt thanks it has an o ring but i have still heard of people sucking in dirt, and since i ride quite a bit of wet muddy stuff i think ill keep the lid and snorkel on. any one know about the outerware

well if ure gettin a uni filter then u dont need an outerwear... it should have like an extra layer or sumthin like that... i dont think u can put an outerwear on a uni i think there for K&N filters

Uni makes a wrap for K&N as well. I've heard of people putting Outerwears on Uni filters but don't know if it helps or not.

The Pro Design kit has an O-Ring; I just added a layer of grease around the ring and back end of the clamp to make an extra seal. The quality of the seal is very superior I don't see any dirt getting in or the need for anything further... But hey you can never go wrong with extra silicone around the other parts of the billet as an extra protective layer.

hey i just got it all installed and the filter takes up almost the entire frikkin air box. it doesnt seem like it will got mush air flow to the top or bottom of the filter, what gives

A small filter will clog much much quicker decreasing the performance substantially quicker vs. a larger filter with more surface area. That filter if you have not noticed clamps at an angle. The rubber boot portion of the filter that you clamp on curves up at an angle (the K&Ns do at least - not sure about UNI). This allows the K&N filter to protrude actually out of the box a bit providing you with more flow. I have used many variations of air filters for the Warrior and this kit has given me the best gain and over all filtering capacity of the intake.

yeah i noticed that it gives out at an angle but it still seems like when i oput the air box lid on it squishes the filter, is thins going to hurt my performance. if so i may get one of them outerware lid things for them and use that so i still keep the water off but i get more flow. thanks

as anyone used them outerwares air box covers ive heard the velco setup isnt worth a damn so i was going to mod it into my airbox anyways, thanks

no im talking about the one from magic racing. but i dont like the way they attach it to the air box so im going to make a new way. heres a link[/url]http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=523&catid=256

i dont becuase it still utilizes the same snorkel hole and it isnt covered with filter material. thats why i like the one from magic racig plus its cheaper which is big for me does anyone have any experience with the ones from magic racing thanks

im talking about the airbox outerware covers. the ones that are 20 bucks at magic racing

Back