Tire

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tistheman5

Reaction score
my tire is well kinda messed up
yamaha-warrior-04-bikepics-437815.jpg

it still hold air fine but it has alittle wobble. i hit a tree HARD then when i whent to look at my tire it looked like this. how do i fix it

Your bead has popped off the rim and has a chance of stranding you out in the woods, so I wouldn't ride on it. Read the tire, it will probably say the "maxium tire pressure for mounting tire" on it somewhere. Try inflating "up to" that amount and see if it pops back into place. Otherwise take it in to a tire center like Goodyear and ask them if they can help. They don't work on atv's but should be able to give you advice how to fix it or where to go. They may even say what the heck and blow some air into it themselves to see if they can fix it.

get some tire bead lube put the bead and try pumping up the tire but be VERY carefully when you pump it up cuz when the tire goes bakc on the bead there is a lot of force so make sure you keep you fingers and n/e thing else u might have next to it ..away from itit should blow right up... and you hit a tree hard then i would look at the rim and check to make sure its not bent

Ok this is simple you spray some lube (WD-40, Honda Polish, cleaner, etc) around the inner metal part of the wheel exposed or soak all around the wheel in soapy water – something like liquid dish soap (this lets the tire sidewall slide over the wheel easy while it’s being inflated). Then you inflate the hell out of the damn thing and it will go BANG, pop back on the bead, and shoot soapy lube **** everywhere lol. That is what they do in the shops... We don’t give a **** about max PSI lol just inflate the ******* thing with a compressor tell it pops back on (use common sense though if it’s getting way to big). If it still won’t and it has a decent quantity of air in it take the tire/wheel with the air in it and throw it/bounce it around tell it pops back on. If you still have no luck take out the air and lube the **** out of it and try again.

another trick is to take a rachet tie down strap and suck it down around the tire like in the direction the tire travels and then suck it down and blow it up the rachet strap helps push the tire outwards instead of up then onece the bead is set let the air out to let you take orf the rachet strap. also lube the bead with sopa or wd 40 like death said. good luck

alright thanx guys ill try that. but my rim is fine red lables hold up damn good :)

use the ratchet strap before you go throwing it and and bouncing it cuz if your go to boucne it and your finger is on the bead and that tire goes say good bye to your finger.... and actullay look at the max psi unlike death said .. i worked in a shop all summer long and a guy just took a small tractor tire and filled the bastard with air and the thing exlpoded and just the punch from the air gave him 2 black eyes and 3 weeks outta work

You would have to be a ******* idiot to put ur finger in the bead and get it caught. Also you dont put your face up next to the tire close enough to get hurt incase it does explode. Ive worked in a shop for years and done more tires then I could ever begin to count and not one has ever blown up on me. I have seen them blown up but like I said in the last post if you "(use common sense though if it’s getting way to big)" you will be ok.

Latest posts

Back