TIE RODS

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a tie rod lever thing. It looks like tuning fork. They have them at auto parts stores but you have to be careful not to tear the boots with it. There is a larger sized one for some other part of cars, make sure you don't buy that one. I've also been told that there is a tool that you can't damage the boots with, it has some sort of screw you turn and pulls the tie rod out. I don't know if it cost more but ask to look at both of them. I reccomend the screw one if doesn't cost a lot more because you don't have to worry about tearing your boot.

take a med size hammer , turn the wheels so to gain clearance and hit the steering arm where the ball joint goes thru , careful not to hit the threads on the tie rod
it may take a couple of hits but it should fall right out and with no damage to your boot .
;D

SMACK IT WITH A HAMMER AND THAT BITCH WILL COME FLYING OUTTA THERE, YOU DON'T NEED NO SPECIALIZED TOOLS

aaaaahhh that will do the trick i love those tools. that and the pneumatic chear and anything else ran on air that destroys things

A ball joint remover "tuning fork thing" is the most useless tool I have ever seen/used in my life lol; we just wack the ******* things with a hammer.

Threading the nut to be flush with the end of the bolt will save you from accidentally screwing up the threads

Latest posts

Back