Tighten chain?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
How much play is there supposed to be in the chain? And how do I go about adjusting it?

Mine's floppin' all over the place and I haven't gotten my service manual yet.

Thanks

for what machine? worrior or raptor..but i usually keep about 1 to 2 inches of free play

for what machine? worrior or raptor..but i usually keep about 1 to 2 inches of free play
Woops, sorry- Warrior.

Where is the play measured?
When it is in neutral it's slack all over, but pop it in gear (with clutch in) and the top tightens up.

I have 1-2 inches of play. I heard begin too tight just puts more wear on the engine. I thought looser was better. ANy info on this?

he wants to know how to tighten it... i would tell him but i have a raptor 350 and i dont know if its the same or not

chaintensioner.JPG

Loosen the nut so it spins freely, then tighten the bolt, then retighten the nut. Makes tension tighter if i recall correctly. Its been a couple months

I always loosen the bolts then sit on the quad while a buddy tightens them for me. Loosen both the bolds sticking out towards you just like yamahawarrior87 pointed out then there are 2 on each side, the one of the right is harder to get too since the brakes are right there.

I always loosen the bolts then sit on the quad while a buddy tightens them for me....

What is the purpose of sitting on it?

And when measuring the slack, is it supposed to be measured while in neutral or in gear?

If you look at your chain when you get on and off the quad it moves with the rest of the rear end.

If you look at your chain when you get on and off the quad it moves with the rest of the rear end.
right....... but that shouldn't have any effect on the distance between sprockets.

Back