Neutral Light sensor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excel88

Reaction score
Hi, my neutral light is really acting up..

Yamarider mentioned a neutral light sensor in response to my starting issue, if anyone knows where this is, it would be great help... Thanks!

If you look at the left side of the case down by the shifter you will see what looks like a bolt with a wire attached to the center of it. That thing that looks like the bolt is the neutral sensor. The connector will pull straight off of the sensor. Only thing to really be careful with is if you take the sensor out of the motor to check it out, be careful not to overtighten it when you put it back in. I made that mistake and now instead of a sensor I just have a metric bolt in there to fill the hole until I can find another sensor. good luck with it

I found the same problem with my sensor, it had ripped off in the mud, thats most often the cause of neutral lights ******* up.
Just strip the wire put a new connector on and screw it back on, and don't forget the plastic boot that protects it from water and junk

You can just test the neutral sensor with an ohmmeter to find if thats the problem.

Back