Two axle bolts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excel88

Reaction score
Hi i recently changed my axle bearings, and now i CANNOT get the axle bolts to stay tight, after a 30 min ride there loose again...

ANY HELP AT ALL would be greatly appreciated

um maybe you could try locktite. im not sure of that bolts you are talking about so i dont know if locktite would hurt anything but its a thought

its the bolts that are beside the sproket which hold the whole axle assembly together

You know what...

There NUTS not BOLTS...

i though of that on the way to class this morning

Ya some thread locker should be easy enough. The reason there are two I believe is after you tighten the first one, then snug the 2nd beside it, that should keep em tight together?

Yea I tighten them as tight as i can with a pipe wrench, still no dice.... it always comes loose

Maybe I should combine the thread lock and the electrical tape?

You MUST tighten the FIRST nut (the one on the inside) ALL THE WAY down tell its tight. Then when finished with the first proceed to tighten the second nut snugly against the first one. If you do not do it like this what you have described will happen. If they are coming loose and you are doing this you need to make it tighter…

Will thread lock hurt?

because i tried to do it like that...

Thanks for all the respnses guys

make it more tight or maybe you stripped it... There really shoudlnt be a problem with this; if you must use thread locker use locktite red - nothing higher.

Just a thought... Are the two bolts exactly the same? or differerent?

could they be on the wrong way, like the one in front needs to go to the back?

They're the same. Mine were working their way loose so I used a little threadlocker, and that did the trick for me

Back