broken stator case

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeoldetymewarrior8

Reaction score
yeah im just checkin it out at the local quarry and i jump out of the bowl and im riding away from it and i hear "CRACK" and i look down and see oil, my stator case cracked around one of the bolts...i guess my **** overheated from running it lean and running 10w30 in hot ass weather...o well i'll slap some coldweld on it like i did the other 2 times...lol my quad is such a piece of ****

well you could do it the right way and have it mig welded or better yet tig welded. if you dont have axcess to that equipment a welding shop woudnt charge very much to do it. also you could look for a used stator cover on ebay

my stator cover is modified cuz i had to put a bulkier idler gear pin in so idk if it'd be worth it to get a new one and plus its aluminum, and im selling the old ass thing soon anyway, but i'll puddy it up go riding with it one more time in the fall and sell it in like november, i found someone who will give me a good price on it

you can weld aluminum i do it all the time thats why i said to mig or tig weld it.

Back