what to do?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jet up duhh :) why are you runnign lean ... wht did you put on it ....but just look for it on this site there is many diffrent threads on jetting... but just to let you know that they might for example jet up on your main 2 sizes... or they will be like just put this size jet in and you should be fine.....it may work but it prollywill not work ... i was told to go up 2 size on my main when i put on my hmf and it didnt work for me and in fact i found out that when you change on thing in your carb most likly you will have to change some thing else like your pilot or adjust your needle... you cant just change one thing and nothing else and if your new at jetting i say you just buck up and take it like a whore and bring it to a dealer and let them do it (like i did after messing around with it for about a total of 20 hours)... unless you have someone else that knows wht they are doing to help you.... or your ego is biger than your wallet... just my .02

thanks alot man im gonna try to rejet is this wrinter when i have more time cause i dont do much riding now cause of school

no do not rejet in the winter.... because you cant jet for quad in the summer and ride it in the winter or vise versa... and why are you running lean

i got and pipe filter and jet kit and my pipes been making a poping when i let off the gas sound and someone said i may be running lean

yeah you are running lean.... but im no professional and im not just going to tell you to go up on you main jet..... i would take t to the dealer to have them jet it... unless you know exactly wht you are doing....... and if you jet in the summer you have to rejet in the winter then rejet agian in the summer... you cant ride your quad in the winter when its jetted for the summer and vise versa

u think it will be ok if i just leave it till the spring when the weather gets warm again since i dont ride much now any way? and i thnk im gonna get a cam and piston so ill prob have to rejet any way when i do that

Popping is normally lean yes but i have popped running rich as well... You need to do a run on the bike and pull the plug that will tell you what you need to know. If its popping mid-top end you need to up the main if its more down low you need to up the pilot.

no do not rejet in the winter.... because you cant jet for quad in the summer and ride it in the winter or vise versa... and why are you running lean
I run a 136 dyno jet all year and it runs perfict.... its a little rich in the summer but nuthin noticable and its perfict in the spring, fall, and winter

i gotta find out what size my jet is rihgt now i forgot...thanks for the help

[quote:zvqd4feu]no do not rejet in the winter.... because you cant jet for quad in the summer and ride it in the winter or vise versa... and why are you running lean
I run a 136 dyno jet all year and it runs perfict.... its a little rich in the summer but nuthin noticable and its perfict in the spring, fall, and winter[/quote:zvqd4feu]

How the hell can you be jetted for all year round. Here the cold temperatures make such a HUGE impact on jetting I dont see how you could unless you lived in a warm climate or ran VERY rich in the summer.

yea man u got a point lol.... so should i rejet now and then once in the spring?

rejet now... ride it till winter... then stop riding in the winter (unless you want to rejet for winter)... then in the spring check your plug... and see if you are running lean... or rich and go from there... if you rejet in the winter your gonna be rich in the summer...... well actully where do you live me and death live in ny and we have some cold winters....

[quote:rjplpy9q]
I run a 136 dyno jet all year and it runs perfict.... its a little rich in the summer but nuthin noticable and its perfict in the spring, fall, and winter

How the hell can you be jetted for all year round. Here the cold temperatures make such a HUGE impact on jetting I dont see how you could unless you lived in a warm climate or ran VERY rich in the summer.[/quote:rjplpy9q]

haha i ask myself the same question and i pulled the plug in winter and it was just right and this summer it was a little fat but not too bad... i asked myself the same question tho but its all good wierd but good lol

yea i live in ny and we do get some cold winters bu ti like riding in the snow and on the roads

Back