begging for help,(exhaust)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for mine I had to clamp vice grips onto the edge of it, and tapped the vice grips with a hammer to twist it to break it loose, then pulled it out. I had a real hard time getting it out, but vice grips and a hammer seemed like the best tools for the job (of course you have to take the bolt out of the bottom first though)

it doesn't sound quite like an aftermarket exhaust, it kinda has a hollow echo to it, but it sounds better than it does with the baffle.

yeah I had to beat the hell out of my baffle and after I straightened it back out it still worked fine

Are you guys referring to removing the entire baffle or replacing the outer ring back into the muffler once the baffle is out?

I suppose they are talking about removing the baffle. But do you have to put the ring back in once it is out?

what ring? the warrior's baffle is only one piece, and nothing else is removable. are you talking about a rappy 350?

what ring? the warrior's baffle is only one piece, and nothing else is removable. are you talking about a rappy 350?

A Warrior 350. The baffle has a ring attached to it that is bolted to the muffler to hold it in.

Once the baffle is out, that ring can be taken off the baffle insert, it could be reinserted into the muffler, reducing the outlet ID

How do you get the ring off of it?

Well, I haven't tried it but I beleive it's only on there with a couple of puddle welds.

They could be ground off or the ring could be cut off.

why would you want a smaller hole for the exhaust to exit? that would probably make it kinda whistle with everything else hollowed out

I was just asking a question. I am not going to go out and cut my exhaust.

why would you want a smaller hole for the exhaust to exit? that would probably make it kinda whistle with everything else hollowed out

This is why I am asking for clarification.

Would it whistle or would it quiet it down from the wide open muffler volume- somewhere in between baffled and haveing the whole thing out?

kinda hard to say without trying it but I think it would sound shitty- maybe a strange 2 stroke kinda sound

Latest posts

Back