Clutch Slipping

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry about another clutch question. Ok all of a sudden my clutch is starting to slip, I havent changed anything. When I put it in gear and rev it up it starts to move before I release the clutch. I ride everyday and this just started yesterday with no prior indications. I tried for 2 hrs to make different adjustments but no better. I guess I need a new clutch kit. Which one do you all recommend? By the way I have a relatively new clutch cable installed. Thanks

well what oil are you running it might have fritction modifiers in it that affect clutches

If it changed suddenly you might have broke a clutch spring or something. That would cause the clutch to drag because the pressure is uneven, and cause it to slip because there isn't enough pressure from the remaining springs. I don't know if clutch springs can break by themselves, but I think that's what would happen if the spring did break.

ok I know there are QOTM & POTM but I think I should get DAOTM(dumb ass) because I have been using 10 w 30 quaker auto oil:( Even though it's my first quad I should have known better. So should I switch oils and see how it runs or do you think I may have just blown the clutch already from using auto oil? Also seeing as how I will be probably taking the clutch case off should I buy a new gasket or is it ok to use the liquid sealants? Thanks guys

Ok I found an amsoil dealer in town, is this oil ok and whats the best grade? Also I am planning on the worse that I need a new clutch! Whats the brand I should get. I've found EBC and Barnett so far? Thanks again

Yea your clutch is fuuucked bro a little to late. I would go with a DP clutch kit they are one of the best and strongest...

I would just buy a new gasket instead of screwing around with that instant gasket in a tube crap. It might work or it might not, but I never had any luck with the stuff before

Latest posts

Back