poping sound??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryankach

Reaction score
when ever i go riding now when i let off the gas my pipe makes a poping sound and it really pissing me off it that normal or does something need to be changed?

cheak the spark plug? and what color should i be looking for?

the color of the end of the spark plug - it can be black, tan, white, or somewhere in between

i think im gonna get a new spark plug this week end along wtih some oil

mine is brown/tan...
what does this indicate?

my bike pops whenever i start it if its cold... feels like it is coming from the right of the tank.. anyone know what this is or experience a similar popping sound like this?

like a puff of air comes out? when my warrior is cold it misfires a couple times before it gets warmed up enough to run smooth. When my intake manifold cracked it would make a pop sound when it misfired and I could feel air that shot out of the crack hit my legs. Check over the mainifold carefully for cracks, I couldn't see the crack in mine until I pushed the carb to the side and the crack opened up

I just saw that you have a rappy. do they have a rubber boot between the carb and the head like the warriors do? It's not really that serious of a problem that you need to take it to the shop, you should be able to troubleshoot it yourself and save some money

I've got 5 1/2 year warrenty on this beast so fixing it isn't a problem.. and i'll have to check tomorrow to see if there is a rubber boot inbetween the carb and the head. thanks.

my bike pops whenever i start it if its cold... feels like it is coming from the right of the tank.. anyone know what this is or experience a similar popping sound like this?

Sounds to me like a carburetor "hiccup" and that would be a bang sounding like it came from with in the carburetor or air intake. This usually means you are running very lean also normally in this case the "popping" goes away as the bike warms up. A rule of thumb is this - if the bike won't start on the first 3 cranks (and stay started) your jetting is WRONG.

i think im gonna get a new spark plug this week end along wtih some oil

Good, it is good to do a plug reading with a new plug for the best result but this is what you’re going to do.

Do a WOT plug chop - Start the quad and bring it up to operating temperature using a high idle, then go out and do a full balls to the wall wide open throttle run through the first 5 gears or so, then when your up in the tallest gear your going to go pull the clutch in and kill the motor with the switch cruising to a stop. Whip out your glove and 18mm socket/wrench and look at the plug - tell us what the "color" of the ceramic and the electrode are (or take a picture).

This chop is mainly going to be testing your main jet but will give us a general ballpark idea.

The jetting would be wrong on my new rappy? i just got it a little over a month ago.. went for its service 3 weeks ago..

The jetting would be wrong on my new rappy? i just got it a little over a month ago.. went for its service 3 weeks ago..

Well normally all quads are shipped running rich to compensate for temperature changes, altitudes, etc... at their destinations. The dealers don't jet them... They take them out of the crate and slap the bars and the tires on.

Back